3. Majestic Princess
Embarkation: Got on and found the water to be $6.50 for a 1.5 Lt rip-off And all beers to be $8.75 per stubbie Day 2: International bar Went for early morning coffee at 6am, which was very weak and bitter and order was made wrong by Milan. He did remake it for me but no better. For next 5 days the coffee was the same and my order was stuffed up each time buy the same barista and needed him to remake it each day. I noticed every one who ordered coffee their order was stuffed up as well on these days. I think retraining is needed their. So I did not waste any more money on coffee. Was also told at least twice about 4.30am that I would need to come back at 5.30am to get something to eat. So much for a 24 hour snack bar. Bars: It was observed that at all bars they were not putting a full nip in mixed drinks ( jack daniels & coke ) when question about it the staff were happy to call people a liar. So no more money spend on over priced low quantity drinks. Most bars told us that ice water is found in the market place area and that’s where you should go to get it. Lotus spa: On day 1 we bought the enclave pack $299.00 it was a great place but needed to stop going their for hygiene reasons and no protection from germs being spread by other passengers. Found a passenger using the hair drier to dry his private parts. Did not find any hand sanitiser on entry or near the self serve water. Constant hard sell by staff was annoying. They were sending out advertising material to the room and instructing it be placed on our bed in our staterooms which was done without knocking or knocking and just walking in which on 2 occasions we were in the room having a sleep or private time and we had some messenger boy walk in. This was unnecessary as their is a mailbox outside the front door no need to enter my room. As far as I no the room steward, maintenance and security are the only people allowed in my room with out my permission ( privacy laws ) We won some gift vouchers and made a booking for treatments but when staff found out about vouchers booking time were changed to a time when we would need to be at dinner which was unsuitable for us. Excursion: Found to be double or more than local operators prices, and had privately booked tours cancelled because princess forced them too by using stand over tactics. Some of these were booked up to 8 months in advance to secure our spots. The locals operators apologies but told us it was out of their control and princess cruiser were the ones who were forcing them to cancel us. Restaurant: Were very good and most staff excellent. Food servings a bit small and the food sometimes tough from over cooking or left in warmers to long, ice cream was always delivered half melted. No New Zealand wines on menu and all wines over priced. We also found the dress code was not enforced In the dinning rooms on formal nights with people allowed in in tee shirts and jeans or shorts. This was also the case at the platinum & Ellite captains circle party. The once high standards of princess has been lowered dramatically and at times I thought I was on a Sydney harbour ferry. Destinations: Dunedin and Fiords cruising canceled for safety reasons and Picton was put in to replace Dunedin but no replacement for a full day cruising the Fiords, this allowed the ship to cruise back to Sydney at 14 notts and that would have been a great saving to princess. At this stage we have not been offered any compensation. When I check the weather charts supplied by the captain the swell and wind was no higher than what we got on Wednesday in open ocean on our way back to Sydney. Which princess should have none about as the weather charts indicated that the bad weather that stopped us from going to the fiords was moving north and we would get it anyway. If we cruised close to shore we would miss most the high swells but this would not allow the casino or gift shops to open. This suggest to me that the ports were changed for lost income more than for safety. A large amount of passengers were also of the same opinion and wanted some compensation. We paid an extra $1000.00 per person to secure a balcony at the rear of the ship for the scenic cruising which we would not normally do, so we felt ripped off again. I pick this cruise at this time for the ship and the itinerary as it was advertised as going to fiords first but found out to late that it was going north island first to be able to change to a different departure date. Photos: Very little effort was put into have a nice background for onshore photos and found the quality of photography to be very poor. Even the formal and casual photos on the ship had little effort put in to make sure the photos taken were good, some photographers did not even check each shot after taking them to see if they were any good which resulted in poor quality and no photos were bought because of this. I wanted to buy a Nikon P900 camera but the price was $799.99 which I was told was duty & tax free but when I checked the price with my local camera shop near my home I found them to be priced at $698.00 including tax & duty. When I checked with Nikon in Japan I was told a price of under $600.00 Australian delivered to my residence in Australia. I ask them camera shop to price match and was told no. Another sale lost for your company. Casino: We went to play roulette and the sign at the table said $2.00 to $50.00 chips. But once we purchased chips we were told we must bet a minimum of $10.00 per each and every spin. So we cashed out and I have sent an email to the Australian gamberling authorities to investigate as this seems to be wrong to me and have never encounter this before on any of the 10 cruises I have done. Entertainment: This was found to be top quality but show times were not planned as good as other cruises we have been on with show times 8pm & 10pm. This ment if you were on late dinner you could only go to the late show and this made bed time after 11pm. On your other cruise ships show times lined up with dinner times so when first dinner sitting in the restaurant was on, the 1st show would be on & the same at the second dinner sitting ( 1st show at 6pm & 2nd show at 8pm) this allowed everyone a chance at getting a seat in the theatre and not have to go to bed late or miss the show, as some people would go to the early show and stay for the second show reducing the seating in the second show.

Average

Bars:

Lotus spa:

Excursion:

Restaurant:

No New Zealand wines on menu and all wines over priced.

Destinations:

Photos:

Casino:

Entertainment:

Trippy 73’s Full Rating Summary
Get Majestic Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE B736
The cabin was very nice with a large balcony, cabin Stewart great. Room service was almost impossible to get hold of to place an order.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins