3. Adventure of the Seas
This cruise was a let down for me. It was an 8 day cruise and the cons overweighed the pros by a lot. First of all, everything closed SO early. The buffet closed at 9 pm but started sectioning people off at 8:30-845. I’ve never been on a ship that the buffet closed so early. If we wanted food after 9, it was basically just pizza. A lot of things in general were closed. The flowrider was only open a couple hours a day, the climbing wall was only open a couple hours, the skating rink didn’t even open until the end of the cruise. They advertised these activities but then didn’t act on them. The skating rink wasn’t even open to passengers until the end of the cruise and it was only 30 min segments. So many of the bars were closed for many times in our cruise. One day, we had to go around to 3-4 different bars until we found one open and this was at noon. The MDR didn’t have lunch available on port days. The buffet was extremely boring and lacked flavor. The breakfast and lunch buffet had no variation of meals whatsoever. The lunch particularly was very poor. The MDR food was alright. The waiters were great. There was practically NO entertainment. This thought was commonly heard amongst a lot of passengers on the ship. A lot of people just sat around bored because of the lack of entertainment. Everyday felt so long because of the lack of entertainment. The entertainment they did have was mediocre at best. Our room steward didn’t talk to us once. He didn’t introduce himself, didn’t say hi, nothing. He did leave a tip envelope for additional tips (we did prepay tips) but he did such a poor job we did not tip him extra. Some days we would leave in the morning and come back 2-3 and our room still wasn’t attended too. The room other than that was fine. All in all, I would not recommend this cruise and would not sail on this ship again. Out of my 20+ cruises, this sadly was my least favorite one.

Below average cruise