Viking Hermod Cruise Review

Viking Hermod Cruise Review by AquaSue

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

We wanted to experience a little bit of Europe and someone told us about Viking Cruises. We had a travel agent set everything up for us. I would recommend going through an agent as they know a lot of the extra perks, like add ons. So because of of this benefit we decided to take two weeks for Europe. We spent the first week in Germany at a B&B. It turned out to be a wise thing to do...I was jet lagged and it lasted almost a week! So I was thankful to have it behind me so I could enjoy our second week on the cruise! I would highly recommend this option if you have the time!!! Since we were not flying in directly for the cruise we had to find our own way to the ship. This was the only problem we had with them...their notes said they would be at one port in Passau, Germany but when we got there they were at another one due to other ships using their space. We had to pay extra for the taxi and were a bit frustrated. However, Sonya was there to greet us and told us not to worry they would look into it. They showed us to our rooms even though we were early and they treated us so well. (BTW they paid for our taxi mixup to the port!). The ship was lovely...it was just as I had viewed on their short videos. It was simple but classy and elegant...just my style! The cabin was perfect. It is amazing how little space we actually need if you are organized! The dining was first class...excellent food at all the meals; dining room was beautiful and it was a bonus that there were no dress codes and seating arrangements...lots of freedom to get to know different people at different meals. The entertainment was great...all the crew seemed to be very involved and had no problem mingling with us and having fun! The activities provided in each port were perfect! Not too much or too little. They were very accommodating for those who had struggles with walking...providing shorter tours when they could. We travelled with my parents who are in their eighties and they had no problem with the activities and tours. YES!!! I would definitely go again!

AquaSue's Full Rating Summary

French Balcony
Cabin D 228

It was perfect!

Walking Tour

It was a great tour of the area. Went to St. Stephen's as well. Our guide was excellent.

View All 218 Walking Tour Reviews
Old Town Tour

Tour was great!

View All 70 Old Town Tour Reviews
Bratislava

This was one of my favourite spots! Lots to see. It was a very sweet spot and had some fun statues around town to discover. I got a lot of my gifts from vendors here.

Cesky Krumlov

Beautiful ride to Český Krumlov, Czechia. Our guide was excellent. Had a wonderful day here. Loved it! Very quaint.

City Tour

Another excellent tour and overview of the area. We had extra time here to we ventured off on our own to see the Jewish Temple. It was a lot less expensive to go on our own than to book through the ship(Sorry to mention that). If you are not in for a good walk there then better to pay extra and go through the ship.

View All 353 City Tour Reviews