3. Norwegian Epic
This was my 13th cruise (7th with NCL) and by far the worse cruise I have ever taken. The positive: Best room steward ever- Male name (Aft Cabins on Deck 13). He was funny and offered recommendations in port. I will not hold it against him that he said the Vacation Hero cards were 'mandatory.' Ship maintenance- While part of the outside deck was closed for construction which was a huge negative, I think the overall ship has held up pretty well for going on 10 years old. It was relatively clean with minimal rust. Some of the deck chairs and carpets could be replaced but overall not bad. The negative: Crew- by far the rudest crew members I have ever dealt with. Some were down right nasty to deal with. The also openly complained about other workers (including the cruise director). Food- The buffet at lunch, dinner and late night, was lacking in so many ways. Items repeated in station after station. It was interesting to compare what Sea Food night on the brand new Bliss got you vs. the 10 year old Epic. The food was lacking in overall taste and temperature. Even in the specialty restaurants, the quality and portions went down and the price went up. I feel bad for those who do not have the dining plan. They are being grossly over charged. But pricing high is a sure fire way to get people to choose the dining plan as a free at sea option. Shore Excursions- I had booked 5 excursions through NCL and 2 were canceled with no real explanation. Initially when I saw the first refund on my account I asked the excursion desk about it and they said it was a credit from the free at sea promotion. But that credit should be for $50, not $53.90 like it stated on my account. The crew had no idea. Later that night I received a letter that the excursion was canceled. Later on in the cruise, another was canceled due to "logistics." Guest Services- 2 from guest services are an embarrassment to NCL. They are extremely rude and unhelpful with questions. Too busy chatting with each other. Also, woman’s name, every time I saw her, had stains on her white shirt. It looked like coffee or grease. It was very distracting and very unprofessional. I would expect a woman in the service industry to hold herself to higher standards, especially while serving American clients. Lines- Even with reservations, I had to stand in like for 15 minutes just to check in. People would line for or 30 mins in advance of a restaurant opening just to get a seat. Same holds true for the theater. If this was my first cruise I don't know how I would have reacted. I know it would be the first and last time I sail with NCL. But I have had great experience with them and will say that this cruise was a one off. Ill sail with NCL again when they shape up and lay off the nickeling and diming and offer some better training to their crew.

If the Epic was my first cruise, I'd never sail again

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Seany527

The positive:

The negative:

Seany527’s Full Rating Summary

• Dolphin Encounter
    Amvivo was the tour operator and the tour was book through Viator.
    Our ship docked late and Amvivo did not answer their phone when we tried to call. It took three attempts. 35 minutes after the excursion depart Amvivo answered and said the tour had left. When I asked for a refund because they had not answered, I was told 50%. When I threatened to leave negative reviews, like this one, they agreed to 100%. Read the other reviews for yourself though. You will see I am not the first person to state they do not answer their phone.
    View All 77 Dolphin Encounter Reviews
  • Hell
  • Island Tour
    View All 177 Island Tour Reviews
  • Great Stirrup Cay
    Very fun, but not like it was depicted on NCLs website. You feed the pigs in a large caged in area. No photos are allowed at all. Crew would stop people from taking pictures. Don't worry though, they have a photographer on site and its only $15 per picture.
    It was nice to do, but once was enough and if I can offer any advice, book the excursion on your own. There is more than one company which offers this type of activity. Ensure you can take your own pictures.
    View All 11,346 Great Stirrup Cay Cruise Port Reviews