3. Carnival Miracle
We joined a group with common interests for a 6-day Western Caribbean Cruise. I usually cruise with other lines and never in the Caribbean but made the journey because of the group and the chance to escape winter weather in January. We found the ship in fairly good shape—older and smaller than many, though I like the smaller ships. We found getting around a bit confusing with little direction, and the decor a little strange. Food was good to very good. Bitter and Blanc and Chocolate Melting Cake we’re favorites. Small portions were perfect for us. Of course, you can order more if you wish. The servers were excellent at our table. They knew on the second or third day, without being asked, each person’s preference in beverage and idiosyncrasies (extra butter, nothing with mushrooms). The cabin, 6186, was fine in size and convenience, the bathroom adequate. There was a bit of rust on the balcony and some wear here and there. The one (!!!!) wall outlet did not work well—my cell phone could not be charged there, and one day it did not work at all. Repair was immediate, though. We attended two comedy routines which we enjoyed. I normally enjoy the slots but found the casino much too smoky. We took only private excursions, and enjoyed them very much. Our favorite was Maya Chan in Costa Maya. Absolutely perfect weather was a great bonus, but the exuberance of the staff, privacy, and great food and drink made a wonderful day. I found the cruise a good value with no major problems.

Friendly and energetic staff!

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Marseydotes

I found the cruise a good value with no major problems.
Marseydotes’s Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8B 6186
Clean, nice view from balcony, near elevator but no noise from the atrium. Needs an extension cord with only one usable outlet.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins