3. Vision of the Seas
We wanted to leave out of New Orleans since we had never done that before. Also, since we live in East Texas, we wanted to drive. I thought it would be a nice trip to drive to the port and take our time getting there. I was not disappointed. The drive was nice and pleasant. I heard that it would take the ship about 8 hours to get our of the Mississippi so I wanted the opportunity to say that I had done it. I found that to be interesting. I usually sail from Galveston and I wanted the opportunity to visit new ports for a change. I love Key West so I really wanted to go. I had sailed on Vision once before and we enjoyed the experience so I wanted to try it again. I knew that the opportunity to sail Royal out of New Orleans was limited so I did not want to pass up the opportunity. The only shore excursion that was booked was a bungalow at Coco Cay. We shared this with my niece and her husband. It was well worth it. We had our lunch in there since we were located far enough that they have golf cart type transportation that they use to take you there. We had Bungalow 19. It had a nice view of the ocean and the restrooms were right behind us. The floating bar was awesome. Drink packages work on Coco Cay. You will need cash if you wish to purchase souvenirs from the vendors. The tide went out and we save conch shells everywhere! The food was very good. We had no complaints at all. The only slight issue we had was in Chops. The crab cake was served cold and the bacon was not cooked crisp. The shareable portions were not enough for four people. The steak was the best ever! Lots of people dressed up for 70s Night so that made it really fun! We found that we participated in activities that we normally do not participate in. The egg drop was really fun and we enjoyed participating. There were very few children on this cruise. The Parade of Flags is a definite don’t miss! Getting on and off the ship was easy. The only issue was that the streets around the Julia Street Port are closed due to construction but people directing traffic were extremely helpful. We dropped our luggage off before we parked our car. If you go early enough and are waiting to check in you can walk to the Riverwalk from the port and have breakfast at Cafe Du Monde. You can go after you park your car for the cruise and not have to worry about public parking while you are there. Then just walk back over to check in. They sent me an e-mail that said our sea pass would be in our room but they handed it to us when we checked in. Getting off was super fast and easy too. We had #3 and our time was 8:10, but we were called, got our luggage, our car, and on the road before 8:20. I would definitely go on this cruise again!

Really Enjoyed This Cruise

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by Wanna Be Retired

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

I would definitely go on this cruise again!
Wanna Be Retired’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin J2 8544
Our cabin was fine. There is not a larger closet like we are used to in Junior Suites, but there is tons of storage places scattered around the room. Even the ottomans to the chairs open to use for storage. Just remove the top! The balcony was fine.

The only drawback to this cabin is thenoise that you hear early in the morning and later at night. It sounded kind of like thunder when we first heard it. We thought that it might be them rolling those huge bins that hold pool towels but we were never certain what it was. It could be annoying for light sleepers. It did not bother us too much.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins