3. Norwegian Getaway
My last cruise was on the Escape June 2017 and the service there was SIX stars!! Every staff member went above and beyond, the energy level was exceptional, everyone seemed happy. The Cruise Director was probably the reason, his energy and personality and obvious love of his job was infectious. I say all this to point out that this cruise may have been great, but following that previous cruise was a set up for my expectations. Nothing was wrong per se, but it was just so much less. Food was very good as always, service was slower. The shows were great. Room was clean and attended to well. I was a solo cruiser and went to all the activities planned for us. The host was good, and made things very easy to meet and mingle with other solo cruisers so I was not alone. The little extras I received in my room were much appreciated as well. Regarding the one excursion that I went on, horseback ride and swim on a beach in Roatan Honduras. They said these were rescue horses, and if true, I would hate to take away from them. But....when we got to the location, the guide forced us to follow him along the beach to listen to a 5 to 10 minute sales pitch from each of the businesses. This was inappropriate and not appreciated by any of us. Get them to stop doing that and the excursion was quite good. My only complaint on the ship was the excessive nature of the attempts to get me to participate in the Cruise Next program. While I understand that it was a really good deal, multiple papers left in my room daily, a phone message and I lost count how many messages on the TV was uncalled for. I'm an adult capable of making decisions; remind me a couples times and then let it go. Overall, I still like Norwegian the best.

Meets standard expectations

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by ArmstrongMSW

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Studio Stateroom

Overall, I still like Norwegian the best.
ArmstrongMSW’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1 11509
Clean, well maintained, very cozy and comfortable.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins