3. Norwegian Sky
We chose this cruise solely for the overnight stay in Havana. This sailing was the first after 3 weeks in drydock, so I was THRILLED when I came on board to a completely refurbished ship! They did a beautiful job with the new, more contemporary decor, and I loved being one of the first to experience it. We found the service to be extremely friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend booking all evening meals at the specialty restaurants. We loved the food and ambiance at the ones where we dined: twice at Cagney’s (Steakhouse), once at Le Bistro (French) and once at La Cucina (Italian). The Crossings (one of the main dining rooms) was good, and the buffets were just ok. The fitness center was fine but I would have liked to have seen more classes offered. (I signed up for a Pilates class but the instructor never showed, possibly because only 2 signed up.) I went to one evening show and while I enjoyed the magician (Matt Johnson), the dancers/singers and comedian left a lot to be desired. See below for stateroom review. In Havana, we booked our own vintage car and tour guide, but did the Tropicana evening show through the ship (cheesy and a little too long, but it’s a legendary show/venue so for that it’s worth it.) Embarkation was super smooth but disembarkation took awhile due to customs backup. Overall, I was just happy to see Cuba, and that the Sky was freshly updated!

They Refurbished the Sky!

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Some Pig

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony
Some Pig’s Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9243
Beautifully redecorated in Feb 2019 with new carpet, beds, linens, sofa, and drapes. Bathroom not renovated but ours was very clean and efficient. Room is super small but thank goodness for our balcony!
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins