Ruby Princess Cruise Review

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Msmac54

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

I am a veteran when it comes to cruising. I have done over 20. Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Holland. This was my first and last on Princess. This ship was supposed to be refurbished but our bathroom smelled moldy. I have to steam and use fabreeze to try and fix the smell.

I had heard that the service was ok in the beginning and tapers off towards the end of the cruise. That was exactly what happened. By day 4 the waiters in the Buffet areas were down right rude. I always pre-paid gratuities but this was the first time I had to fight myself not to have them taken off. This cruise closes down at midnight, no bars open, disco was dead and only played music from 60-80s. Bingo was over priced and the host talked non stop. It took over an hour to play 4 games. Only one live show in 5 days. The shore excursion desk took us to tender then told us to walk to dolphin encounters. They cut it so close , we never had time to shop.

I was offered free play on my next cruise but I tore the paper up. I won’t ever go on princess again. Can’t give me a free cruise. Royal Caribbean or Carnival for me.

Msmac54's Full Rating Summary

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB D719.

Our steward Jeff Santiago was the highlight of the cruise. The most friendly of all the staff. He was professional and he attended all our requests quickly. I didn’t mention the smell as I handled that myself.

Msmac54