Regatta Cruise Review

Failed to meet any expectations

Regatta Cruise Review by Cdtravellers

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: Around the World
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite

We chose this cruise based on itinerary, since we wanted to visit several islands.

I had read rave reviews of the food, but that’s so subjective I didn’t have real expectations. The food was very inconsistent; great in day and not so great the next. The fish was awful - other than the tuna, I found bones in EVERY fish dish I ordered.

We ignored the entertainment, as it just wasn’t for us.

The staff are for the most part their bright spot - they learn your name immediately and make you feel very at home. I wish they didn’t try to sell you so many extras - one day we had 5 different staff members try to get us to sign up for a wine tasting within 30 minutes!!! Clearly there is a commission/bonus involved.

Our butler was overworked and it showed - I think he had at least 10 staterooms he was attending to, if not far more. Our stewardess was an absolute gem!!! The cruise director, some guy named Shawn, needs improvement!

Tendering was a mess - I’ll leave the details out but it was super disorganized.

We were constantly late to port. I guess when they say “in port at 0800” they mean entering the harbor then. So when you see the times in port when booking your cruise, subtract at least 2 hours.

Spa services were inconsistent, with one masseuse good and another terrible.

We enjoyed meeting so many wonderful people, as the smaller size of the ship facilitates meeting and interacting with other guests.

In a nutshell, Oceania isn’t for us.

Cdtravellers's Full Rating Summary

Penthouse Suite

We had a penthouse suite, which was a serious waste of money and is in no way a “suite”. It was so tiny and the bathroom was a joke. The TV was a 32” with a TERRIBLE picture.

Lautoka

Lovely island with beautiful blue sea stars.

Suva

Horrible - why would this be a port on a cruise? Scammers following you everywhere. Disgusting!!

Pago Pago

To Sua Ocean Trench is wonderful! The island roads are terrible, but Samoa is a lovely island.

Shark & Stingray Encounter

Many operators do the same trip. Choose any one.

View All 47 Shark & Stingray Encounter Reviews
Port Vila

Vanuatu is ok, but not a destination for me. I’m glad we visited but I never will again.

Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary