• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Jewel of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
15 Awards

Worst cruise of our 16 cruises!

Review for Jewel of the Seas to the Panama Canal & Central America
Cat butler
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2019
Cabin: Ocean View Balcony

The Ship was Tired. The windows were either dirty and had not cleaned in a while or the plain were in need of replacement. The seals were clearly gone in the double pained windows and we watched water "sloshing" in one window as the Ship rocked. Elevator lights did not function and this was common.

Stateroom: Balcony door was difficult to open and handle was extremely lose. Dust bunnies under bed; closet doors did not close properly.

Service: in dining room extremely slow-food often only warm and generally same menu everyday. In buffet food okay, cleanliness was lacking as tables were not always wiped and sanitized.

Ocean View Balcony

Cabin 2D

I had reason to look under the bed and saw dust bunnies that were the size of midsized rats. Clearly it had not been thoroughly clean in a while. Our balcony window was either dirty or just worn out and needs replacing. It was like looking through dirty or glass that needs replacing.

Port Reviews

Miami

The Port is one of the nicest Ports we have been in. Clean and efficient. Staff great and friendly. We flew in the day before and did not spend time in Miami.

Cartagena (Colombia)

Went into Old Town! Absolutely fabulous! Walked on the Wall and loved the history. The old residents have been lovingly restored. On the frontage at least.

Colon (Cristobal)

Shore Excursions required more sitting than I could handle or would be "too active" for me. I have mobility issues. Shops at the dock were enjoyable.

Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera)

We really enjoyed the train ride and the commentary of our Guide. I would recommend this tour if you are interested in local people and how they really live.

Manzanillo

We were not feeling well so did very little more than walking around the Port. That was enjoyable.

Puerto Vallarta

We were driven to the Downtown shopping area. It was enjoyable, however, I was feeling so horrible by this point I soon returned to the Ship to sleep.

Cabo San Lucas

We ended up being "quarantined" in our cabin and then sent to hospital as my wife was really sick.

Find a Jewel of the Seas Cruise from £427