• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

davedkc
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jun 2018
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom

I've seen the advertisements on TV for many years. I've been cruising pretty regularly since 2010 and just became more and more intrigued. So I did some research and it confirmed Viking was one of these best companies. Everything was so simple and easy. From booking it to transportation to getting on and off the ship, all easy.

The ship was amazing. Definitely much, much smaller than the larger cruise ships I'm used too, but none of the crowds. The staff was superb. Food was great and the excursions were awesome! I mean you pull over to parks to downtown areas, etc...and everything is right there! And you learn SO much from the tour guides!!!! Wow, my wife and I were blown away. We'd do it again in a heartbeat and in fact, we are, because we are looking at doing a another Viking cruise within the next two years, possibly to Italy this time. On this last cruise, we did the Danube and we went to Munich and Passau, Germany, Linz and Melk, scenic cruise thru Wachau Valley, Durnstein, Krems, and Vienna Austria, and Budapest, Hungary.

The worst part of the trip? Staying on the airplanes for so long, but seating was comfortable and Lufthansa's food is EXCELLENT!

Deluxe Stateroom

Cabin F

So, I'm used to cruising on big ships so this cabin is very small in comparison. But the honest truth is, is didn't matter. You are hardly EVER in the cabin. It's truly for sleeping, changing clothes, and showering. There are plenty of places on the ship to read or work if you want to find them. The cabin was very clean and well insolated.

3 Helpful Votes