• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Norwegian Star Review

Editor Rating
3 Awards

Still a very good staff aboard

Review for Norwegian Star to Transatlantic
johnorourke
6-10 Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Balcony

Have always been a great believer and loyal fan of Norwegian but that is decreasing. First, I made reservations for four persons to go from Miami to Barcelona and that is what our first itinerary stated. At some point, the port of disembarkation being Barcelona, was changed to Tarragona, Spain. We were never notified of the change but just happened to pull up a more current copy of the itinerary that now stated Tarragona instead of Barcelona. I called my NCL contact person and verified the change without any explanation of why the change. NCL arranged a transfer to Barcelona from Tarragona with more than a reasonable charge. Would we have not gone on the cruise if we knew that we were not departing in Barcelona. I am not sure.

I am 80 years young and to get their "drink package", it would be an additional $1300 for a couple. Okay, don't take the drink package, which we didn't.

Most of the people on the cruise were in my age bracket. We all (the ones that I talked to) fully agreed that the ship kept the temperature about refrigerator cold throughout the common areas of the ship. Very miserable.

Balcony

Cabin BC

The Star is better than the Epic and we had no problem with the balcony cabin that we had

Find a Norwegian Star Cruise from £619