• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Costa Diadema Review

Editor Rating

Bad. Horrible. Worse. Discrimination towards English speakers. Inefficiency.

Review for Costa Diadema to the Western Mediterranean
SteveFromFL
6-10 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: May 2019
Cabin: Premium Balcony
The ship-tour excursion notice
The notice of cancellation for the ship tour with clear notice of discrimin

I want to preface this review by saying I'm not often a big complainer. I can roll with most annoyances with ease and I rarely feel the need to make an issue. But this was by far the WORST CRUISE in my entire life.

Why did we go? Never been to Europe before and Costa had numerous itineraries, dates, and prices to choose from so it was the sheer availability of options that other lines simply did not offer. Next, I've cruised with Costa twice in the past (both in the Caribbean) and it was wonderful. The price was right compared to other US-based lines.

Where did it go? Understand that this cruise, and I assume all others, are basically a 7-day ferry service to various ports. Folks will embark and disembark at different ports during the week, so it's not a traditional everyone gets on and leaves at same port. That being said, we boarded and left at Civitavecchia (Rome's port). We visited Savona, Italty; Marseille, France; Barcelona, Spain; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; and Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy. Having not been to Europe before, these were appealing ports because most were places I would not ordinarily visit on a first time.

Premium Balcony

Cabin BP

Port Reviews

Savona

Relatively pointless port as described above.

10 Helpful Votes