• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Carnival Vista Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

Vista Review- The Slow Boat to Somewhere!

Review for Carnival Vista to the Western Caribbean
Shaded Lady
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jun 2019
Cabin: Balcony
Traveled with children

We just got off the Vista on Sunday, and while this is not going to be a comprehensive, day by day review, I’ll give you my thoughts on the Vista, the issues she had, the pros we found with the ship and some of the cons…

First of all, this was our first family cruise. In addition to my hubby and me, our daughter, son in law and 10 year old grandson cruised with us- it was the first cruise for SIL and grandson, 3rd for my daughter.

We booked to standard balcony cabins on Lido deck, 10236 & 10240. It was our first time on the Lido deck and we all decided we loved the location, especially my GS who was never more than 2 mins from his next soft serve ice cream fix!

Balcony

Cabin 8C

Cabin was fine- no issues. It was portside, forward on the Lido deck. We loved the location- it was so convenient!

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

It was hot and humid, so we shopped at the port for an hour or so, watched the flying Mayans act in the port area then got back on the ship.

Cozumel

We love Cozumel. We arranged a round of golf through our golf membership at the Cozumel Country Club, then shopped for an hour before getting back onboard. We had a 12 hour day in Cozumel which was lovely!

Galveston

We prefer embarkation at Galveston over others we've used.

9 Helpful Votes