• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

#48
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jun 2019
Cabin: Aft-Facing Mini-Suite with Balcony

Our bucket list cruise did turn out to be a "Cruise of a lifetime", but, not in the way we hoped.

Arrived 3 days early in Amsterdam and had a wonderful time exploring that city. Embarkation was a breeze and we were delighted with the cabin (11134), initially. Evenings were interrupted by folks playing basketball dspite the sign stating activities were to end at 5 PM. So easy to fix, just put the balls away!

Dinner the first evening in the Summer Palace proved to be on par with an Applebee's. Formality of service proved to be nonexistent, quality of food was mediocre. Exploration of other options proved more fruitful, specifically, Indigo and Cagney's with formally trained servers.

Aft-Facing Mini-Suite with Balcony

Cabin M1

Really liked the layout and size. Cabin 11134 is below the basketball court and Norwegians failure to enforce court use time can significantly affect your peaceful enjoyment. Bring earplugs!

Port Reviews

Amsterdam

On our own for 3 days. Wonderful city to explore.

London (Greenwich, Tower Bridge, Tilbury)

Lovely city with so many famous landmarks.

Brugge (Bruges)

Cruise Port Shuttle took me to the wrong location causing me to miss my privately scheduled excursion. After being told by 2 guest services representatives that I was wrong, management saw the error of their ways and reimbursed.

Le Havre

Great overview of Paris, but, does not allow enough time to adequately explore.

Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)

Cruise ship bypassed due to engine trouble.

Monaco (Monte Carlo)

One I had high hopes for and was eliminated due to our ship being stranded in Barcelona.

Florence (Livorno)

Was booked for a Florence/Pisa tour, but, never made it to port.

3 Helpful Votes