Avalon Tapestry II Cruise Review

The Beaches at Normandy

Avalon Tapestry II Cruise Review by DebbieMiller

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: Europe River

I would definitely recommend Avalon Cruise Seine River Cruise! I have always wanted to see the Beaches at Normandy & the American Cemetery, being there on the 4th of July made it even more special. That morning our dining area was decorated for the 4th of July - very thoughtful - the chef even made us a flag cake for dessert that night!

Because of my budget, I chose the least expensive cabin & it was perfect - plenty of room - I didn't care about the view because I could go on deck for the view. The ship was immaculate, the food was delicious and the crew spoiled us. Gail was our cruise director - she was excellent! The evening entertainment was great - different every night, covering all interests. I really appreciated all of the crew members who helped to spoil us & kept us laughing! The group who served us both in the dining room & the bar are very hard workers & I want to acknowledge all of them.

The transfers went very smoothly. I liked all of the excursions & the tour guides were very knowledgeable & proud of the cities we toured.

I just can't say enough about this trip! I would do it again. I would recommend 2 days in Paris either before or after the cruise. I would NOT recommend staying at eh Pullman Hotel! It was very clean but the staff their was rude & less than helpful.

DebbieMiller's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Not sure 112

Cabin was on the lowest level but I enjoyed it - plenty of room. Always very clean, with enough towels & toiletries. i enjoyed receiving the daily schedule on the bed each night. I was at end of the hall just before the door to the crew's rooms. I never heard any noise from them.

DebbieMiller