Viking Eir Cruise Review

Viking Eir Cruise Review by Kuelledge

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

Our family has spent many happy time son the Rhein, while I was growing up there, we love Germany and the castles we knew we would see. This was our 2nd Viking Cruise and we were all (4 of us) very excited to go. My parents had chosen to include my sister and I on their travels with Viking for a 2nd time.

We arrived in Amsterdam, and were picked up by Viking which was very nice and went very smooth. Boat was docked extremely close to everything, and we could walk right downtown and to the Chocolate Factory...YUM! It was truly pretty.

The 2nd day we were off, and headed to Kinderdijk, my favorite stop of the entire trip, beside Basel. It was worth the bus ride. Beautiful!!

Then we headed to Koln, which was a Sunday, unfortunately. Not a good day to be in Germany as a tourist, many things are closed. But the Cathedral and Museum were open.

I dont remember Koblenz at all, thank goodness I've been there a ton of times. In Rudesheim we walked all around, and it truly is what one imagines, a Wine town would be like. Love it there.

Strasbourg we had to take a bus to the city and had an extremely short amount of time.

Several of our side trips that we paid for would have been better served staying by the boat and exploring there. The LAST stop was horrible, a tourist trap in the mountains...the glass blown owl arrived home in the USA and was PLASTIC!

Basel is amazing and was also a wonderful stay over with the spectacular public transport system. We stayed in the Hotel near the Airport, we made the reservation ourselves and was totally the best way to go!

Kuelledge's Full Rating Summary

French Balcony

The cabins are wonderful, clean, compact, with enough room to move and relax. Bright, airy, and the window is a beautiful view in itself.

Kuelledge