Scenic Amber Cruise Review

Don’t book a panorama suite!

Scenic Amber Cruise Review by Uffelc

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: Europe River

We chose this as our first river cruise as it was an area that I wanted to visit - Prague, Vienna, Budapest. We chose Scenic based on good word of mouth references and the all inclusive feature. The operational aspects and service from being greeted at the airport in Prague to being dropped off at the airport in Budapest was excellent. The staff were warm, welcoming, attentive, fun - everything I could ask for. I am a picky eater so was pleased by the variety and selection of food at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had great meals every day. I didn’t intend to work out during the cruise but would have liked to be able to do some Pilates/stretching. There is absolutely no room in the fitness room to do this. The cruise did offer morning stretch, yoga, workout on the deck but it was at 7:00 am so didn’t fit with my schedule.

Our suite was the only downside to this cruise - we booked the Royal Panorama suite. This is a 420 square foot luxury suite. We had a king size bed, couch, two comfy chairs, a lovely bathroom, with a separate water closet, lots of storage, a comfortable balcony with a large window looking out over the river at the back of the boat. It was exactly what I was looking for when booking and paying extra for this space.

Unfortunately, it is not habitable while sailing. The noise and vibrations from the engine/propeller prevents sleep, hearing each other speak or even relax. There is no indication in any brochure about the noise of these cabins nor was there anything said by booking agents. Now that I have cruised, I would know to ask but I find it unethical that Scenic charges an additional $6,500 for this suite with no indication of the problems inherent in the location of this cabin.

Our cruise was saved as we were able to sleep in another cabin ( sadly other guests had to leave) but our next door cabin mates had to bear with no sleep for five nights and every other unsuspecting person booking this suite will get no sleep. I have sent an email, to Scenic, I will be interested to see if they respond.

Uffelc's Full Rating Summary