Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review
1,986 Reviews

Fantastic time despite the rust!

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by crstnanla17

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

(I've been cruising for 34 years, been on 50+ cruises) To be honest, I would not have chosen this particular ship for my family just because of the age of the ship and lack of certain "kid-friendly" amenities BUT a crew member we met a few years back who we absolutely loved started a contract on EOS so we booked to cruise with him again and I am SO glad we did!

We had a group of 8 people, my husband and I are in our 40's and we had kids with us aged 11 - 21. This was the 1st time the younger ones had ever been on a cruise without all the bells and whistles of water slides and sports courts, and they all enjoyed themselves! There were a lot of kids their age on our sailing so they kept busy. They enjoyed the Teen club.

As others have mentioned, the outside of the ship could definitely use a paint job as it's quite rusty BUT the inside is beautiful. The character and décor of the lounges and dining rooms are superb. The food is hands down better than Carnival...good, some great, but not fantastic. What made this cruise so enjoyable and memorable was the staff. Everyone from the officers, to the people cleaning the railings were always smiling and friendly and genuinely seemed as though they wanted to be there. We had fantastic service everywhere we went...bar service, room steward, dining room, even guest services! This ship may not have all the fancy new stuff but it makes up for it in the service department.

Our cabin was on deck 3 mid-ship, outside. Cabin was in nice shape, plenty of storage & nice big window. Bathroom was also nice, plenty of space and great water pressure in the shower.

We thought the live entertainment on the ship was fantastic. Reggae band out by the pool is great, be sure not to miss the night they perform at Boleros...wow, great vocals! There's also a live band in the centrum each night, a live band in Boleros and a piano player who was fantastic in the Schooner Bar. There's also the usual Broadway style shows which we enjoyed, karaoke, comedy shows and various trivia times and other game show type events hosted by the cruise staff. On sea days there was entertainment poolside, one thing I had never seen before in my 30+ years of cruising, they had an officer vs. passenger water volleyball game! It was great seeing the officers in their uniform tops with trunks interacting with the passengers.

Costa Maya and Cozumel are nice places with a variety of things to do. We've been to Cozumel each year for the past 5 years and go to Paradise Beach every time. In Costa Maya we've done the dolphin swim and dune buggies so now we usually just hang out at the port and enjoy the pool and restaurants.

Embarkation and Debarkation were typical, always seems quicker getting on the ship! We carried our own luggage on and off which works for us.

I heard fellow passengers complaining about the ship, mainly about the size and I heard kids tell their parents "this ship sucks!" All I can say is that I guess everyone has their preferences. I've been on ships of all sizes and varying amenities. I've cruised with Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Norwegian, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean and I thoroughly enjoyed this vacation. I really enjoyed the more intimate personalized service which I feel they are able to provide on this ship because of the size. If you appreciate great service and are willing to sacrifice the water slides, etc...then give this ship a try I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Enchantment of the Seas is small in comparison to it's fleet mates but what it lacks in size it more than makes up for it in service and character. Bravo Enchantment staff! I'm looking forward to cruising on the Enchantment again :-)

crstnanla17's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 2N 3574

Cabin was nice, plenty of storage and great water pressure in the shower.

crstnanla17