Pacific Dawn Cruise Review

Nice time but....

Pacific Dawn Cruise Review by Chrisr62

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the South Pacific

We chose this ship because of affordability- that it was travelling from Singapore to Brisbane and going to Komodo and Darwin for our son was living there.

We were excited to be doing something different and the ship had been in dry dock before heading out of Singapore. New carpet, bedding and some painting done.

Food in the pantry good but very busy hard to get seat

Waterfront restaurant was our pick mostly - nice menus but didn’t change breakfast menu the whole time and the other meals were good mostly but not fantastic.

Salt grill was good but don’t know if it was worth the money - I had lamb cutlets which I could not eat they were big but not cooked properly. Fat not rendered, my husband meal was nice.

Shell and Bones good value for money, with other dishes for non seafood eaters.

Bars nice and friendly waiters especially Michael at the Ocean bar.

Unfortunately by the time we were heading to Komodo I had got a very heavy head cold and cough. My husband ended up with this as well but about a week later. Everywhere you went on the ship there were people coughing and blowing their nose. Quite a few people were taken off the ship by ambulance at different ports. We have now been home 5 days and we are both still sick. I have ended up at hospital today with a diagnosis of Bells Palsy which is connected to the viral infection we got on the ship. I had read in the reviews that a lot of people on the previous cruise going to Singapore had the same thing - cough and cold. So it does make you wonder. We were very careful upon boarding use hand sanitizer, wiping over cabin with dettol wipes, not touching hand rails. Staying away from others when we were at our worse. We always had flu shot prior to leaving.

Chrisr62's Full Rating Summary