• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Crystal Mahler Review

Editor Rating

WE WERE NOT "CRYSTALLIZED"

Review for Crystal Mahler to Europe River
pickypicky
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2019
Cabin: Petite Suite with Panoramic Balcony-Window

I have hesitated writing this review, but considering the limited number of reviews for Crystal River, I thought it would be helpful. As my title implies, we were neither impressed nor happy. I should probably add that this was our first river cruise (we have taken several ocean cruises on Azamara, Regent, and Celebrity). However, my complaints have nothing to do with the "river" aspect of the cruise. Our itinerary was the 7 day trip from Vienna to Budapest.

First, the positives. The cabin (Petite Suite) was very small but extremely beautiful and well organized, with many nice features. The functioning window and heated bathroom floor come to mind. Towels and toiletries were nice. Our butler and room attendant were efficient and did what we expected, no more, no less. We did not order room service nor the afternoon canapes.

The tours were excellent. They were well organized and the guides were informative and fun. I could not have asked for more in this category and it was the saving grace of the trip. Fantastic.

Petite Suite with Panoramic Balcony-Window

Cabin S5

Very nicely laid out and organized. No noise or other disturbance. The Panoramic window that lowered to let in some air is nice, but we only used it once. It was either raining or cold for the most part.

5 Helpful Votes