Avalon Envision Cruise Review

Avalon Envision Cruise Review by Vallerie

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Panorama Suite with French Balcony

This was my first ever cruise of any kind. It far exceeded my expectations. The ship was beautiful and comfortable. The cabin was tastefully decorated. The French balcony with the floor to ceiling sliding glass doors made the room feel more spacious and made for excellent scenery viewing. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was bigger than I expected. The crew and staff were friendly and efficient. The cruise director was joviable, engaging and well organized. I loved the small lounge on the 3rd floor with excellent coffee machine. Any coffee drink I wanted at the push of a button. The meals were excellent with a large variety of choices. The servers were fun to get to know. The city tours and excursions were enjoyable. Sometimes the city guides give more history than I desire. Seeing the city lights as we sailed out of Budapest in the evening was so beautiful! Just spectacular! What a beautiful start to our cruise. Cruising through the Wachau Valley and the Rhine River gorge was so enjoyable with our cruise director giving us some history and pointing out interesting sights along the way. I would love to take another river cruise with Avalon someday.

Vallerie's Full Rating Summary

Panorama Suite with French Balcony

The cabin was tastefully decorated. It felt more spacious with the flour to ceiling sliding glass doors and French balcony. The bed was very comfortable with comfortable pillows. There was plenty of storage space.

Budapest

Brief overview of the city and its history.

Bratislava

Beautiful old city. Lots of interesting information.

Schonbrunn Palace

Beautiful palace. Interesting history of the Hapsburg family. Wish we had more time to tour the beautiful grounds.

View All 179 Schonbrunn Palace Reviews
Cologne

Interesting tour of the city. We were there on a Sunday so shops were closed.

Zaanse Schans Windmills

This is a must visit village. Saw how a windmill works and how wooden shoes are made.

View All 61 Zaanse Schans Windmills Reviews

This museum was far more interesting than I imagined. Well worth taking this tour.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Wurzburg

Toured the beautiful palace and grounds. Beautiful palace.

Bamberg

City tour was very good. Saw homes built on the water’s edge, gothic church. Nice city.

Durnstein (Krems)

This is a beautiful quaint little village with beautiful old doors and walkways.

Linz (Salzburg)

We chose to take an excursion to The Czech Republic instead of visiting Salzburg.

Vallerie