• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Crown Princess Review

Editor Rating
3 Awards

Crown Princess 11-07-19 Caribbean-A great time!

Review for Crown Princess to the Eastern Caribbean
Ginster1
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

This was our third voyage with Princess. Previously we’ve been on the Coral Princess and the Grand Princess. I’ve read all the reviews and many of them were so negative and I couldn’t understand why. Sure, there are some areas that are a little rusty but that’s to be expected when you’re on a ship that’s exposed to salt water 24-7.

Regarding the food: I read so many negative comments about the food. I thought for the most part the food was pretty good. We ate at the Horizon Court on several port days because we were just tired and didn’t feel like getting dressed up. There were always some good choices here. We also dined at Sabatini’s twice and the Crown Grill once. These meals were excellent!

We loved the itinerary and booked Princess excursions at every port. We were happy our sunset cruise excursion in St. Thomas was a Princess excursion because we were part of a group of four, last ones on the ship. They had to wait for us, lol.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Port Reviews

Princess Cays

We waited until about 10am to take the tender to the beach as we were still recuperating from jet lag. We were told we missed the crowds and lines from earlier. We almost didn’t get lunch as they close up at 1 or 1:30 pm. My husband just happened to be walking by and noticed so was able to get a lunch plate for each of us. The water felt amazing since it was hot so we spent most of the time in the water. We had to wait about 30 minutes in line for a tender back to the ship. While we were waiting it started raining.

St. Thomas

The Sunset Cruise was amazing and the favorite of our excursions

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

A nice way to see the island. They supply you with ample rum drinks!

Barbados

The tram through the caves was very interesting. It does get a little warm and humid so dress accordingly.

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from £299