AmaMora Cruise Review

Pure enjoyment from the time I walked on till the moment I parted.

AmaMora Cruise Review by Dorene1

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony and Outside Balcony

My first River Cruise and while I always thought this was for the old, not with AMA Waterways. I have cruised many ocean voyages but thought I would try this. I was so happy I did that I cannot wait to see where I want AMA to take me again. No lines, no pushing or waiting. When we arrived at the time requested, we were the only people there, they took our luggage and walked us from the dock right to our room. Our room was beautiful we did have a balcony and even in the month of November we used it multiple times a day. What I loved was you had a choice of excursions, this was included in the price, wine/beer choices with all meals, included. The service and meals were amazing. No one trying to sell you something, or loud announcements . The stops were great, we chose the walking tours, you could bike through Europe if you choose or even hike through the Black Forest. The tours ran smooth and it was wonderful, you were greeted when you cam back with some beverages and warm towels. I know many want to know about night life, well there was some, you were able to talk with your fellow cruisers and they had music. While there is no casino, water slides or skating rinks on board. The social time with people was great. The ship was absolutely beautiful. The service , I even had 2 massages and my hair done with very reasonable pricing (much more affordable than the large cruise lines) I know that some River Cruise Companies are not the same, do not compare this with some of the other companies that may Market themselves. AMA Waterways is the best river cruise company out there. You will not regret it. I cannot wait to book again. Thank You AMA!!!!

Dorene1's Full Rating Summary

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony and Outside Balcony

My cabin, yes I over packed, but had more than enough room for all the clothes I wore and didnt wear. The bed perfect, the pillow choices wonderful. The bathroom large enough and shower. They had great bathroom products which is great when you are traveling from the states to Europe. The balcony, you could sit there and watch the castles drinking wine and enjoying the beauty. Love my cabin!!!

Private tour, spent the day and beautiful, we saw the Swiss Mountains as the day was sunny and clear

View All undefined undefined Reviews

The great thing is they have different levels slow to fast, we were on the medium. You also have time to shop and the tour guides are amazing. Each time you have a AMA tour guide and bus to take you

View All undefined undefined Reviews

2 excursions this day, the walking tour where we purchased items and at night went for amazing coffee, so much fun!!!

Cologne Cathedral

This was lovely, walking around is the best way to see everything, I loved the Cathedral and of course the Beer and potato pancakes!!

View All 184 Cologne Cathedral Reviews
Cologne

This was a beautiful city, filled with shopping and history.

Amsterdam

I have been to Amsterdam before so I chose the Canal Tour, there is so much to do and we were overnight here. I would do the Anne Frank House if you can. (buy tickets ahead of time) this is a great place.

Dorene1