Viking Sigyn Cruise Review

Viking Sigyn Cruise Review by CPA aces

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

We had a day in Heidelberg that we were out from 10:00 to 3:30. We came in from the very cold day to a lunch of hot soup and finger sandwiches. I arrived about 3:35 and there were many still behind me. They were only serving one type of soup and when I got there they told me with no apology whatsoever that they were out of soup. I have been on at least 14 cruises on 4 different lines and I’ve never heard sorry, we’re out.

The wait and bar service was mediocre. The cocktails were very inconsistent, I don’t think the bartenders were trained. the drink list was old fashioned and limited.

One server grabbed my Cosmo before I was finished and put a napkin in it. When I said I was still drinking it he removed the napkin and handed it back. I wish I could say I was kidding.

Shipboard entertainment was very weak. A piano player, a local choir, decorating the Christmas tree. Really, we decorate Your tree for you?

The optional excursion that we did was disappointing. We paid $79 for an average meal at a German Restaurant. There was partying and an “oompah band” promised but the band did not even have a tuba. I don’t consider “Margaritaville” traditional German music.

What was good:

Not packing and unpacking, the stops.

The included tours were actually good and they offered a more relaxed pace option for those who wanted it and the guides were good.

Overall I would choose Tauck for a better experience.

CPA aces's Full Rating Summary

French Balcony

Cabin was very small with little room to move around. There was no room to sit besides on the bed. The bathroom was adequate.

Next Review