Carnival Splendor Cruise Review

Boring. mediocre food.

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by jillbaylis

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: Asia

The splendour has been in Singapore for a re fit. Apparently millions spent on it.would like to know where. Tiniest room we have ever had on a cruise 7416. cannot pass each other. if your in your wardrobe beware of toilet door knocking you out. we have come from NZ to join her for the repositioning to Sydney. Well got off 1 1/2 hours late but that was ok rooms were ready cases there by the time we were Then the drill. well that was a shambles standing in 32deg. No air Con. or fans. staff forgot there life jackets for demo. more delay one lady said she was going to faint and was told to faint in the corner. Very badly organised. Our 5.30 Dinner late due to delay but told to go away till 8.15 as we had missed our time. Pointed out ship was being fuelled and we couldn't come at our time. Food good but not the amazing we have come to expect on cruises. Evening comic was funny. Beds really comfy.

Breakfast not particularly good. Tea coffee in one area hot water which ran out also milk in another area. Cold toast cold poached eggs. Croissant also cold. Would of been nice warm. BBQ was good lunch time. Adult area completely full if you want a seat get there early. Usual daytime activities although nothing much to interest anyone. times overlap so you may miss one because your doing something else. That's if you can find something to do. Island night well just a few bothered to dress up. Matri D apologised first night and promised it would get better well sorry second night think the chef had already had enough. First night 4 deep fried prawns nice sauce starter. and lovely salmon fillet broccoli,creamy mash. Second night two prawns nasty sauce. Salmon still good but lumpy tiny amount of mash with one soggy piece of broccoli. I've always maintained if your bored on a cruise there's something wrong with you. Have to take that back on this one so far entertainment second class. Food less than good. Lots of people unhappy and that's not because there ozzys. It's because they have been on other cruises and like us this so called refurbished ship is not proving to be anything memorable other than what's broken down today. In fact today we can't use the pools as too much chlorine in them. Lots of people saying they would not book another cruise on this boat. Most of the staff are really lovely and helpful. But there are a lot that don't give a dam. people are saying they are just being ignored or fobbed off when they are asking for anything. Hard to have left a 3*hotel that we stayed in for a week prior where nothing was too much trouble. Bathrooms supplied everything you could need. Shavers combs. toothbrush. shower cap. Body lotion. Seems like unless you are paying extra you don't get anything special. The shower gel and shampoo that are in the shower dispensers leave a lot to be desired. So bring your own. I'm sure the captain is a lovely man who speaks to us all daily only problem is no one knows what he's saying. Well it's only our second full day let's hope it gets better as the staff get to know each other and at least we know this is one ship we won't be booking on again!!

First elegant night this is what cruising is all about to me. Being able to dress up feel special. There are enough reminders about dress code so why are they allowing scruffy T shirts shorts and jandles in the gold pearl. Go eat at the gallery if you want to dress like that.

First port Benoa. Bali. Unfortunately tenders can't go as sea too rough fair enough safety comes first but several hundred people being told to stay in the theater and wait. why the hell don't they put some entertainment on. I've complained so they going to put sound on the tvs!!! Don't think we will get off till late might get a couple of hours on Bali.

Couple we talking to said this is their 26th cruise and the worst they have ever been on. Lady said first time she has ever left a restaurant still hungry. I know what she means. My pastry was soo burnt on my apple pie it was charcoal. Think they need a new pastry chef.

The longest island stop at kamodo island and unless you had a trip booked you were not allowed off the ship. Did they make it a fun day for all of us stuck on here. Like hell.

I have not spoken to one person who will ever travel on this ship again or who is happy.

Yeah I've found ONE person who is happy only because their room was soo noisy that after nearly a week they have upgraded them to a balcony room. What a shame that people are just looking forward to getting off.

Things have definitely improved as time has gone on, or are we just making the most of it. The shows are still mediocre but there has been a couple of good ones. The Ariel show was amazing. Seems to be a little more to do in the day but not a lot.

Lee is a very good cruise director and wasted on this ship. Glad to say we have finally had some get togethers where everyone is singing dancing and having fun thanks to Lee. Food is more or less served hot now. And the staff are amazing putting on entertainment as we eat every night thanks to the dedicated Matri D.

I'll finish this on our last day with.

I'm not an ozzy bogan and neither is 90% of the Australian passengers on board. Even though they are treated like they are. they are well travelled cruisers, although seems like this ship treats them like they will put up with anything. neither am I a put up with anything kiwi even though I live there. I'm a Stiff upper lip Brit.but even I have resorted to saying.

You couldn't organise a p. up in a brewery Carnival Splendour. And I'm not looking for a free or discounted trip or even a refund of any sort. Just giving an honest opinion and will watch who I book my next cruise with. Because I'm pretty sure it won't be the Splendour.

jillbaylis's Full Rating Summary

small box. Bed comfortable, steward amazing.shower terrible,

Bali

delay as sea was too rough to tender.no entertainment whilst we waited.

Komodo Island

if you hadn't booked a trip couldn't get off and No entertainment to speak of all day.

jillbaylis