• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

tanitpraipan
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin:

We enjoyed a smaller ship with less passengers and better yet no kids running around. We could always find a quiet corner to read or to relax. There was plenty of food. This was my first cruise experience but my partner had been on more. I was impressed by the high level of service and the comfort in all areas of the ship. However, there are several issues that we came across. The electrical wiring was a problem in our room. Whenever we made tea the main lights went out. Tea room was always crowded, not sufficient seating for the afternoon tea. There was only one ice-cream parlor and the line was always long. I found bacon bits in my fish and seafood soup. This was totally unacceptable for people who have restricted diet. The fire alarm went off in the middle of our dinner. There was no hot water one morning. The Chef's Table Restaurant was a joke, small portion and low standard. The Manfredi's Restaurant was much better with varieties of dishes and excellent service. The room service took an hour on our first day. We had to eat everything in a hurry to make it in time for our evening excursion in Puerto Rico. The included excursions, except the one in the Old San Juan, were an afterthought. It didn't seem interesting and badly planned. The optional excursions were fun and exciting. I guess you get what you pay for. The cruise was thoughtless and unfair with the really early check out just because they had to get the ship ready for the next embarkation. Poor employees, they didn't even get one full day off. I just wonder what else that is going on behind the scene.

Good layout but less closet space.

Find a Viking Sea Cruise from £2,223