Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review
1,986 Reviews

Decent for a quick, cheap getaway

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by diarm

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

We booked this cruise because I had RC Visa points I needed to use, so we got a 4-day cruise for two and had to pay only taxes and port fees. I bought our beverage packages during the Black Friday sale and felt they were a good value for the lowered price.

Our main goal was to travel to Cozumel for a private fishing excursion (we used Fishing With Pedro, HIGHLY recommend). We drove to south Houston the day before departure, stayed at a Drury Inn which supplied free dinner and drinks. The next morning we drove to Galveston and parked at Falstaff Parking, for which I had pre-paid. Embarkation at 11:30 was very easy. We went to the Windjammer buffet for lunch but it was excessively crowded and very difficult to find seating anywhere on the deck. Our room was ready just after 1pm. We had heard the beds were firm so we were glad we took along a 3" memory foam bed topper.

The 2 at-sea days were spent relaxing and reading. Our room steward was excellent. We had MyTime dining scheduled for 6pm every night; our waiters were outstanding and we enjoyed having a table to ourselves. Dinner options were great; I highly recommend the salmon and my partner loved the pork cuts. We ate one breakfast in Windjammer but found the food very sub-par and the facilities not very clean, so we ate breakfasts in the MDR after that, although the offerings weren't very different than what you can get in Windjammer. We very much liked the coffee bar and the small cafe in the Solarium. I was disappointed at the small size of the gym and gave up trying to find an open treadmill. Unfortunately, the outside running track was also closed the first day due to high winds. The Solarium pool wasn't filled until the 2nd day, so the water was VERY cold and hardly anyone used the pool. The hot tubs were great.

We found the ship to be beautifully appointed but were dismayed at how filthy all the ship windows were. It was difficult to enjoy the view through any windows. The interior of the ship appeared to be clean although the carpet was a bit worn in places. We loved the retro vibe of the theater.

Disembarkation was later than we expected it to be (9:45) but easy and it was nice to relax in the theater while waiting to leave the ship. I used the RC app to keep track of charges so we had no surprises at the last minute.

I would do this cruise again simply to get to Cozumel for fishing, and if the price was rock bottom. I wouldn't spend a lot to cruise on this ship.

diarm's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View

Typical ocean view room with adequate space and storage. Bathroom shower was crazy small and during the whole cruise, our bathroom smelled like a septic tank. Beds are very firm so we took along a 3" memory foam mattress topper which helped a lot. The room was quiet, probably because we were pretty far from either bank of elevators.

We took a taxi to a nearby marina, where we embarked on a pre-arranged deep sea fishing excursion to the northern end of Cozumel, followed by a beach visit with the option to snorkel over the reef. Partner caught two big wahoos, which the crew offered to cut up to make ceviche for lunch (we declined). Excellent and very fun trip. Partner declared it the best fishing trip he's ever been on.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Galveston

Easy to get to the port, with lots of parking options.

diarm