Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review
1,122 Reviews

Nice cheap cruise. You have to remember you get what you pay for.

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Kevintheman

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

My wife and I chose this cruise due to price and the fact that Mobile is only 5.5 hours from home.

BOARDING Got to cruise terminal around 11.30 and were parked and on ship in 25 min.

CABIN..We got a outside room with a window. The room is what you would expect small but everything in room worked and the room was very clean from start to finish. The bathroom was small but seemed bigger to me than most. I wish the room had a mini fridge but being a older ship a bucket of ice had to do.

DINING. Good---Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana, Sea Day Brunch, Pizza, Deli and Ice cream machines.

DINING. Bad---Buffets were weak, the pastries were bad very dry and the same thing every morning. The cakes in the buffet at lunch looked fantastic but all had a cornbread texture to them. The biggest complaint we had is that because we only had one dinner in dining room and rest in buffet is that there were no VEGETABLES TO BE FOUND. (POTATOES AND RICE EVERY DAMN NIGHT.

ENTERTAINMENT- We went to all main shows and they were good, cant complain. The Casino on this ship is small but is always crowded but only about 50% gambling and 50% SMOKING THERE BRAINS OUT.

SERVICE- Let me say from the time we got on this ship to the day we got off everything on this ship was spotless form interior to outside of ship to the buffet dining room with no dirty tables and people walking around cleaning plates off of tables as soon as we were done. The crew on this ship were all very nice, always saying hello and good morning. Probably did not hurt that they failed a inspection 3 months ago.

Ports----I have to be honest when I say Mexico is not my favorite but we booked at last minute so you have to take what you get. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Overall this was a good cheap 5 day cruise out of Mobile Alabama. I will be taking a cruise next November on New Mardi Gra I will be setting the bar up very high for that cruise.

Kevintheman's Full Rating Summary

Interior

cabin was clean and the sleeping was excellent

Kevintheman