AmaSerena Cruise Review

AmaSerena Cruise Review by MichiganMichelle

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French balcony and outside balcony

I went on this Rhine River Christmas Market cruise with a few friends. I had my own stateroom with a balcony and French balcony. The bathroom is positively huge and gorgeous, particularly compared to large cruise ships I’ve been on. We began in Amsterdam and had enough time to explore the city the day before we embarked. Each stop was beautiful and full of Christmas markets, castles, and cathedrals. Our tour guides were very knowledgeable although ours in Cologne was our favorite. These cruises are definitely for those who want a relaxing on board experience. This is not a Royal Caribbean type cruise. Don’t bring kids. I have four and they would’ve died of boredom. That being said, I loved the peace and quiet and slow pace, and a glass of wine on the balcony watching cute European towns go by. There was one lounge and two restaurants. Our meal service was impeccable and by the end of the week several servers knew whether we preferred white or red, Splenda or sugar, etc. I found them all quite friendly and fun. The service staff was charming and didn’t complain once that I lost my key card twice.

MichiganMichelle's Full Rating Summary

Stateroom with French balcony and outside balcony

Large room for a cruise. Very large bathroom and shower all finished in marble. The cleaning staff was flexible with various wake up times and I once left the room at 1pm for the first time for lunch. Very well-maintained in general.

Cologne Cathedral

Lots of walking, so be prepared. Excellent tour guide. I don’t remember his name, but he had young children and was working on defending his dissertation in Latin American history. Super knowledgeable with witty sense of humor.

View All 184 Cologne Cathedral Reviews
Walking Tour

All part of the same tour.

View All 148 Walking Tour Reviews