Carnival Pride Cruise Review

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Kcandelaria

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I booked this cruise last minute, 3 weeks prior to our sail date. I was traveling with my best friend (it was her first cruise) and my 2 sons. My first Carnival cruise was on the Horizon last summer, June 2018... I was not impressed.. quality of food was awful and no one ever cleaned anything, sanitizers always empty. Same for Carnival Sunshine.. Empty hand sanitizer for days. Sub-par food. Dirty and overcrowded. My expectations for Pride were very low due to these past experiences...

She did NOT disappoint!! Embarkation was smooth, aside from waiting to park the car. Upon getting on the ship, I was impressed with the cleanliness and the layout of the ship. We headed straight to our room to set our bags down and go get all the first-day cruise stuff over with. We had stateroom 5131. It was a balcony guarantee, and I could not complain about the location (a few steps away from camp ocean.. a plus for us!) Muster drill was quick and painless.

We took the kids to check out the kids club. They are penguins (2-5) and the kids area was a decent size, clean and inviting. My boys had an absolute blast in camp ocean! No complaints there.

I had kept up with the reviews prior to this trip and I saw a lot of negative reviews on the food.. I could not relate to a single one of them. I love to eat and I grew up living that cruise life, so as a child I got to try those fancy cruise foods you don’t come across every day.. the food on Pride was spectacular. Not “lukewarm” and definitely not “inedible”. Most of the time I was burning my tongue on everything because I couldn’t wait to eat it! Our bread in the MDR was always brought to us hot. Our soups and meals were always hot and delicious!! The coffee on this ship was also significantly better than what they served on the Sunshine. The coffee on Sunshine was so bitter! The kids, my bestie and I ate to our hearts desires. My son ate pizza from Pizza Pirate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Here’s a con: service at Pizza Pirate was S L O W. Holy crap they need a better system. But was always yummy and again, HOT. Sea day brunch was AMAZING. So so delicious. Guys Burger of course hit the spot like always. The deli was alright, nothing really to brag about.

We stopped in Half Moon Cay, Nassau, and Freeport. Half Moon Cay is GORGEOUS! If you’re considering going, GO. It was so so nice. Clear blue water and powdery-white sand.. the sun was perfect, it was 80° with a nice breeze. The buffet on the island was delicious. I could eat that chicken all day, it was so yummy.

Easy to get a seat by the water, didn’t have to walk too far. It wasn’t too crowded. Just a perfect day overall. We all enjoyed it very much.

Next day was Nassau. We left the kids in camp ocean and hopped off to grab some souvenirs. The weather was less than favorable that day. It started off as a drizzle but by the time we were waking back to the ship, it was a full-blown downpour! We were soaked!! But still had fun walking around and looking through the shops. We walked the wrong direction at first and saw a lot of devastation :( but the area close to port was nice.

We didn’t get off the ship for Freeport so I have nothing to report on that. We had a few VERY rocky days/nights. I’m still swaying as I type this review up, we just debarked yesterday! Definitely grab a seasick patch, bonine, Dramamine or SOMETHING cuz she rocks a whole lot. Most of the time it was gentle but we did hit some rocky seas. They had barf bags available all around the ship because of it.

Did I mention Dr. E yet?? The cruise director. He was GREAT. So entertaining. Love how he announces the goings-on of the ship. The vibe of the ship was so fun! He was a highlight of the trip for sure.

Piano bar was a fun place to be, with Martins sing along events.. those were great! My best friend and I sang with the microphone a few times there. What great energy he has! We thoroughly enjoyed that.

Overall, I would absolutely sail on Pride again!! There’s room for improvement here and there of course but it was definitely a step up from my previous 2 carnival cruises. And so convenient sailing from Baltimore. We came from Reading, PA so about 1 hr 45 minute drive for us. Perfect!

Did I miss anything? Our room steward was so nice. The service all around the ship was amazing and friendly. Everyone was having a good time. It was a blast and exactly what we needed in the midst of the cold miserable winter weather! I recommend sailing on the Pride!

Kcandelaria's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

Idk what letter category the room was. But it was very clean, the bed was super comfortable, very spacious, bathroom was clean. The lights flickered a lot in the bathroom and took a while to turn on but other than that everything was great. Balcony was rusted a bit and weathered , but it’s a balcony exposed to the elements so what do you expect ?? You can still sit out and enjoy the view, we sure did.

Kcandelaria