• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Costa Diadema Review

Editor Rating

Would rather vacation at home or anywhere else!!

Review for Costa Diadema to the Mediterranean
dixieddorf
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin: Classic Balcony

After approximately 30 hours of Costa I asked my husband to check on the money back policy I would have done so earlier but we had our daughter and his mother with us and we had no alternative plans. This was by far the worst cruising experience we have ever had. Everything about it is bad. It's noisy everywhere all the time, there is no relief. The staff is rude. I've never seen rude staff on any ship with any other line. These crew members don't see you. The food is terrible, breakfast is a bunch of bread stuffs mostly sweet, nothing of interest. Lunch is a fight for anything decent. Lines for french fries!!! Can you believe that on an Italian ship you have to pay for Pizza and Gelato!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!

The entertainment is dumb and sexist, Benny Hill-ish ridiculous left overs from the 70s. Not even quiz can be done without having to wave your arms around and make whooping noises before getting the answers. There are new guests who come in with every port and thus there is the life vest/ security training most every day which is accompanied by repeated announcements in 7 or 8 languages. It is a non stop bombardment. The public areas are totally crowded, very little chance of getting a spot by the pool and even the halls are full with people who won't get out of the way by the end you hate everyone on the ship just for taking up space. I could go on and on but I hope you get the point. It's a cheap cruise and it should be, wouldn't go again for free.

Classic Balcony

old, loud, shower had a curtain that did nothing to keep the water in the shower, bath was constantly flooded.

2 Helpful Votes