Celestyal Crystal Cruise Review

Trip of a lifetime: uncharted waters for me

Celestyal Crystal Cruise Review by buzzandjulie

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

This cruise was actually won by a work associate and I was to join her. Her schedule did not allow her to go so I was able to bring my adult daughter double bonus

This was my 50th cruise but never to this region or this line. I had not expectations as to what to expect was not generally diapponted.

This is a small ship with only 700 passengers this vovage so never crowded

The ship passengers were about 75% Greek.

We probably meet about 60 Americans on board

Cabin:

We had an ocean view cabin always kept very clean and neat. received pillow pals everyday as they made of cabin and it remained until next day

No special soap or body lotions infact shampoo and soap was same container in shower.

Staff went out of their way to be very pleasant anytime we saw them.

I would rate a solid 3

the shows each evening were very similar and their were not comedians or juggler acts like often on big lines. However the staff had good voices and did an ABBA tribuate that was very very good.

They also had a Greek band in lounge at times playing Greek Music, a Piano and Violin player nightly and a singer use partner played the keyboard. It is an busy cruise so not alot down time.

Meals

I did not like breakfast but just me. There was an omlettle station by the pool each day but had to walk there from the buffett. Egss mostly precooked so a over easy egg was cooked several hours ago. I found out on second to last day that you could get served but hardly anyone knew this so everyone did the same buffett The food was however the same.

Dinner was anytime dining and if possible they sat us with someone speaking English or we sat by ourselves

Each meal was very good to excellent but also had lamb, pork or chicken most nights If a fish it was a local fish Differant but generally pretty good

I only had lunch and really a snack at lunch becasue we were off ship everyday but the seaday.

One evening they had a Greek buffett by the pool which was good

Pool

This was a problem. First the hot tub was one place and the pool was another. There were table and chairs all around the pool but no lounge chairs so if you wanted to go for a swim there was really no place to dry off. Several days no water in the pool at all I never saw anyone in it. The glass closure was ontop but becasue of location and the fact no place to comfortably sit I never saw one person in it the entire cruise.

Ports

I took all of the tours that were offered free and purchased one from the ship in Israeal

Each language had an escort that spoke English however some were naturally better than others

The Jerurelum tour guide was extremely poor.

I really was disappointed it was a long day,we were rushed very badly. AT one point she just left everyone and never looked back tro see we had not even crossed a busy street and she was already around the corner and into a Garden no where to be seen.

It was really unfortunate becasue no only did I pay extra for this tour ,it was the one place I really wanted to see.

I actually complained about her to excusion booth when we got back on ship and did not give her a tip

Many others felt as I did and did not tip her also

I would definately return to this area and cruise this line again if given opportunity

The population on the cruise were about 75% Greek