Crown Princess Cruise Review
2,116 Reviews

Broken ship, broken responses.

Crown Princess Cruise Review by cruisin 80

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

We chose this cruise because it was 10 days, 6 ports and a good value. We also had only done Carnival before, so we wanted to try something different. WOW!!! We should have made another choice. When we got on the cruise, the captain informed us that an engine was broken, so we would not be able to make it to our first port in time. Well, that broken engine actually created many more problems. We ended up not being able to go to 3 of the 6 ports and all we got for missing those ports was "I'm sorry." They did give us $75 for missing the first port, but nothing for the others. They claimed it was weather related so that they didn't have to pay us any money, except for less than $10 in port taxes. In addition to the broken engine, the service was broken on the ship too. For example, I went to multiple activities that were advertised (basketball tournament, ping pong tournament to name 2). When I got there, me and others waited for a crew member to arrive, but no one did. When I addressed it with the director of activities, she literally replied with "I'll go murder my employees". Her attempt at a joke was condescending at best. So they had very few activities on the cruise and I believe part of that was because most of the cruise was people 65 years and older. We actually had fun with a lot of the people who were at least 20+ years older than us, but it made for a very boring cruise with all activities geared toward that age.

The ship had other issues. One of the elevators dropped multiple floors with people in it. The ceiling in the buffet area dropped and almost hit our friend. I had to break up a fight between one of the crew members and a passenger. The tv in our state room didn't work, a worker stole my expensive water container, and I can continue listing more issues.

I tried to contact Princess when I got back, I sent an e-mail, I filled out their survey and no one has contacted me. No one has bothered to try and remedy the issues. This was one of the worst overall experiences I have had with any company. Unless they fix these issues and refund us some of the money for missing half the ports and experiencing the other issues, we will never travel Princess again.

cruisin 80's Full Rating Summary

Interior

Beach

Went to Trunk Bay Beach. it was AWESOME!!!

Shipwreck Snorkel

It was okay. the sea turtles and shipwreck were barely off the beach, so it felt weird to pay a ton of money to get on a boat and drive out a hundred yards from the beach to then get back in the water. But, the crew of the boat were great.

View All 38 Shipwreck Snorkel Reviews
Turtle Swim

same as a above

View All 96 Turtle Swim Reviews
Sulphur Springs Mud Bath

This was AWESOME!!! Well worth the cost. The tour was great. The mud bath was an awesome experience. Definitely do this if you get a chance.

View All 63 Sulphur Springs Mud Bath Reviews