Viking Hild Cruise Review

Viking Hild Cruise Review by Kruzer2019

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

I wanted to see the German cities along the Rhine. The views of castles and vineyards were spectacular. The ship moves silently along the river.

We felt pampered the whole way by the attentiveness of the crew and their efforts to fulfill their customers' wishes. Disembarking for shore trips was well managed, dividing the shipful of guests up into manageable groups for the tours. The shore excursions were interesting though occasionally too much information was given to be absorbable in the short time we were ashore.

Food on board was excellent with plenty of choices and beer and wine included at lunch and dinner. One difficult passenger demanded a dish that was not on offer that day and the chefs and waiters did their utmost to fulfill his wishes although it was very difficult and he was very rude. Given our druthers, I think his wife and I were ready to throw him overboard. All praise to the crew for their help and keeping their cool.

I had thought this was a "bucket list" trip and we would not go again but then I saw a great opportunity and we are going again this year along the Danube.

Kruzer2019's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Suite

The suite was charming with a sitting room and veranda. Cleaning service was efficient and prompt. A flower arrangement was a nice touch. Cabins are small, of necessity, so the extra space of a second room was welcome. TV offerings are very limited but we weren't there to watch TV anyway.

Next Review