Costa Victoria Cruise Review

Never thought it could be this bad.

Costa Victoria Cruise Review by silviarudy

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: Africa
  • Cabin Type: Inside Classic

My review of Costa Victoria trip Jan. 4th - 18 Mumbai

First thing the inside cabins are about 4 feet smaller then -Princess, Cunard , RC, Celebrity, Carnival, and so on. Could not open my night beside side drawer see pictures. My bathroom think water was brown. When I had to call the front desk because my fire alarm was going off - nobody came to see what was up- nobody answer the phone # 88 customer service - after 15 min my husband finally found our cabin steward which got someone to change the battery. After he left -AGAIN the alarm went off ... eventually it got fixed. Shower curtain was to short - after a shower the BR was wet had it changed.

Buffet: only packets for decaf coffee-at night when you need it or want it ---- all gone, sugar containers where empty numerous time, milk container same, no paper napkins, Supervisors just walking around doing nothing - Except " Indian looking one " Yogurt bowl empty, omelets cold, only same 5 vegetable available for 14 days- carrots, garbage red and white, zucchini, tomatoes, bell peepers.

People taking buns out of the bread basket with their hands in front of Employees, no correction - out of cups and water glasses all the time, at night only only on water fountain available even so they had at lunch converted the Juice dispenser to water ???? why ?

also only one out of 2 coffee and hot water dispenser open ?? logic??

Loved the Bread - soups - cheeses.

Hand disinfect out of liquid- when I told " Sergio" a officer all in white- " does not matter since it is in front of the Hamburger place which is closed now ?? that it is also in front of a Bathroom seemed to have escape him - was speechless....

Same happened when I needed the bath room on the pool deck by the Spritz Bar which by the way was open only a couple of time ??? why?? in the 15 Day cruise-

it was flooded and bowl was full of # 2- when I told the Officer having coffee at the Bar that was open - answer: "Thank you we are aware of it and working on it ???" no paper available to make a sign : out of order ????

Kids running around without parents in Casino touching machines - no casino host around......

We did not have a drink package which cost ....48 EU-40 pounds-53 US-69 Canadian- plus 18% tip added. Only 1 waiter on the Pool deck ??? or Back Bar?? so 95% of us had and did go to fetch own drinks and coffee.

When we complained to Guest Servises and asked to remover service charges was told NOT POSSIBLE!

Why these people who had drink packages did NOT complain for more waiters at the pool deck since they had to pay 18% for getting their OWN DRINKS baffles me ??!!! On all off the Cruise companies I mention before we got FREE PIZZA AND SOFT ICE CREAM - NOT ON A ITALIAN SHIP?- AND PIZZA PLACE FOR A CHARGE NOT OPEN AT LUNCH WHEN WE CHECKED??

DINING ROOM: Had to ask 3x for lemon, no butter on the table only bread.

Not a lot of smiles on the staff.

The lady who was in charge of the crafts was very nice.

Guest services was not available by phone? gave up after 10 min.

TV picture in the room was poor often

My first Costa cruise and my last - to bad - you only have one occasion to make a good impression. To many companies available that even if they may cost a little more give me MUCH more service.

silviarudy's Full Rating Summary

Inside Classic

Cabin was much smaller then my other experiences on NCL, Carnival, RC, HA, Cunard, ...Could not open my nightstand drawer without moving the blanket out of the way. No desk, no regular chair, only one socket in the whole room. Bathroom curtain to short so bathroom flooded. TV selection not reflecting customer country, bad reception see picture.

Cabin steward was great.

Mormugao (Goa)

everything is far away need transportation so taxis know that and take advantage - Catholic shirines are an hour away....

Mumbai (Bombay)

Go to outdoor laundry, Slums, Portal of India, spice market, Recommend Linda Tours - Dipen was AWESOME GUIDE-

Kochi (Cochin)

could not take any excursion since they where demonstrating a new immigration law. So was concerned we could not come back to the ship in time. Had stalls to by stuff by the boat.

Colombo

Took a double decker bus tour for 25.- dollars. Go find them 200 yards away from port exit. Good value

silviarudy