Jahan (Lindblad) Cruise Review

Sailing with Lindblad to SE Asia

Jahan (Lindblad) Cruise Review by Sharon Bonita

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: Asia

First and foremost, a trip with Lindblad always means perfection to me. Nothing is left to chance. And everyone connected with the trip is always stellar. I was not a fan of the decor on The Jahan but the cabin was roomy and the bed comfortable so I overlooked the decor for the most part. Most of us on ship thought that we needed more light in our cabins but honestly other than that, no complaints at all. Those who serviced our rooms did a wonderful job and we did love the little gifts left for us each evening with turn down service. Lots of opportunity to mingle with the other guests especially in the bar on the upper deck which was open to the outdoors. Our guides were wonderful. Sometimes I had to strain a bit to understand them but they were all well versed in the history of the area and always ready to answer any questions. Tom, our expedition leader, was attentive and generous with his time. The restaurant staff were wonderful. After one day, they each knew our preferences for beverages and food. I don't usually take many photos. I don't own a camera and use just my phone if I want to take a photo. On this trip, I think I took thousands of photos! Because there was so much to see that I knew I'd have to look back at the photos to make sure I hadn't missed anything. Shore excursions were enchanting especially sunrise at Ankgor Wat but actually all the temples and pagodas were special experiences for me. I found sitting on the upper deck as we floated along the Mekong to be relaxing and enlightening as we passed floating markets and villages. Listening to the call to prayer from the mosques dotted along the river was very special. Many of the sites in Vietnam and Cambodia were sobering but a good reminder of what life has been like for the people living here and what life was like for our soldiers. Would we go again? Absolutely. Everything about the trip was exceptional and met or exceed our expectations. My favorite experience was the opportunity to go into one of the homes built on stilts and to understand why the homes are on stilts.

Sharon Bonita's Full Rating Summary

The cabin was roomy and the bed was most certainly comfortable. We were not fond of the decor but that's not really important. Our only complaint was that we did need more light and many of the other people on board mentioned the same thing. We were on level 1 and did check out our friends' cabin one level above ours and we thought it was pretty much the same. Not sure what the upper level cabins were like.

Siem Reap

Loved Siem Reap. Of course it was from this city that we saw all the Temples and that might be one of the reasons but the city had a certain energy that I appreciated.

Phnom Penh

Out before sunrise to take photos and then see the "bat" tree was fun. The market was bustling. Learned a lot about the fruits and other foods.

Next Review