Carnival Panorama Cruise Review

• Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Havana Cabana Suite

Carnival Panorama Review - Havana Cabana Suite - 5233

Saturday, January 18th, 2020 - Saturday, January 25th, 2020

Mexican Riviera - $5300 (pre-paid tips)

Weather was exceptional. In the 80s. Only cold night, was the last night on the way back to Long Beach. Cold, Windy, but what do you expect in Winter, lol.

I’ve cruised about 25 times with Carnival, Princess, Royal Caribbean & Celebrity. Virgin is my next line for Sept 2020. Cruise lines cater to couples, families, older cruisers. Etc. many activities for kids on this line, so it’s highly recommended and a great vacation for parents traveling with kids. We did not travel with children.

This review is the about the stateroom suite, shops, casino, restaurants and features on the Carnival Panorama.

Service:

Exceptional. Our stateroom stewards were Mauricio and Ninja. Very nice and friendly. My waiters in the Casino were James and Adrian, very attentive.

Stateroom:

Booked in Sept, Price was $5300. Havana Suite Rm #5233. the biggest of the Havana Staterooms Suites, only 4 on the ship and amazingly quiet. Suite had a lot of closet space. Large shower, with dual sinks and a lot of bathroom space. As a woman, you need a lot of bathroom space. I looked inside my neighbors staterooms, only difference was a smaller bathroom and no wall divider. Large flat screen in bedroom and Large Flat screen in living room area. This suite has a private patio with a lounge chair, swing chair and a table. Very different than the balcony suites that I am accustomed to. People can walk by, but only your neighbors that booked the Havana Staterooms. This was not not an issue, as most people that walked by were going to the exclusive Havana Area. Suite is smaller than the Grand Suite on the older Carnival Ship, Imagination or Inspiration, but the modern decor makes up for that. So much cabinets, drawers, and shelves. The room divider also has a curtain to slide over to make a separate room or of someone is watching TV late, works great to keep out the light. The sofa was a bit large and a chair to sit on if you will be putting makeup, but otherwise, that chair was in the way. They should have used a chair that would slide into that vanity area.

There were 2 USB outlets, and 2 electrical outlets in the room. 1 electrical outlet in the bathroom. The hairdryer was attached to the inside cabinet of the living room area, in front of the mirror.

Mini buffet with coffee right outside the lounge for a quick bite, but omelette was a lot better in the dining room, but was convenient for me to grab a cup of coffee.

Deck 5 Havana Bar & Exclusive Havana Experience:

Havana Bar - every night, Live Latin band. Music was good and lively.

Havana Experience - AFT - Entry with a Havana wristband only, and exclusive to the Havana Stateroom Guests. 1 pool, 2 jacuzzis, private bar, lounges, pool beds. Not crowded, no kids running around and quiet. Entry can be from the Havana Bar or directly from your stateroom patio.

Ship Decor - beautiful atriums, paintings, decorations. This was a big wow for a carnival cruise. I enjoyed the LED towers in the Atrium and I liked the interchanging designs.

There were a lot of different bars - Havana, Piano Bar, casino bar, just to name a few.

Pizza Delivery- I did this one day to try it. Pizza was delivered fast to my room. It’s a thin crust personal size, but better to share with others for a snack.

Restaurants:

JiJi Asian Kitchen - Specialty Restaurant - $15 Surcharge per person . food here was amazing and so was the service. Dined here twice because it was exceptional. I recommend the Nanjing Duck. We ordered the pork belly, shrimp har gow, wagyu beef short rib, Singapore chili shrimp, Kung Lao chicken, stock pig, Hakka noodles, and Himalayan rice. All desserts were excellent.

Chefs Table - $95/18% Gratuity - I don’t want to spoil the surprise...but a nice menu, presentation, and dining room in the kitchen. Always a nice experience. About 2.5 -3 hour. Try to do this on a sea day, and have a very light lunch, as you will be full.

Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse - Specialty Restaurant - $38 - very nice selection of steaks. Ordered Filet Mignon & Lobster (Surf n Turf), Bone Marrow with Beef Tartare & Tuna Tartare. Food excellent and so was the service.

Guy Fieri’s Pig & Anchor BBQ - limited lunch Buffett Free - Dinner A la Carte prices. Ordered a half slab of pork ribs...delicious. The free lunch here is inferior quality, as it is an outside Duffey with limited options.

Guy Fieri’s Burger Joint - I think one of the best burgers that I’ve had! Plain, to chili, to overloaded. My fav....Chili Maximus burger.

Seafood Shack - A la Carte prices. Ordered a Dozen oysters $1.50 each total $18. Ordered a lobster order with Fries $12. They also offer peel and eat shrimp, fresh fish, crab.

Bonsai Sushi & Teppan - A la Carte - I ordered salmon, yellowtail and tuna sushi. Not bad, but cruise ship good. Ramen was available, but not like the ramen I’m used to. Did not reserve the Teppan.

Dining Room- we are at the dining room on the last night. Food quality was not bad, but purchased the steak and Lobster for the $20 surcharge.

The specialty restaurants were good. Did not eat at the buffet, was always to crowded with people. Specialty restaurants was the way to go, with less crowds and tasty selections.

Casino- a lot of fun casino slot machines and many table games. Since this was a Carnival Player’s Premiere Cruise, there was a lot of gamblers, including myself. I am a smoker, so if you are a Non Smoker, avoid this place. The “on Us” drink card is when you gamble in the casino and accumulate 1500 points. Then for the duration of your cruise, drinks are free in the Casino Only (Up to 15 drinks per day, but that is still a lot of drinks, lol)

Sky Ride - this ride was awesome. Lines can be crowded, but the secret is to ride this when you at port. We were in Puerto Vallarta, and returned to the ship at 3pm, and I only waited 10 minute. There is only 4 cars on the track, 2 on each track, so you have to wait about 3 minutes per each ride. Not a hard peddle, very easy. I’m scared of heights, but this ride is one of the reasons I booked.

Water works- this was the biggest water slides I’ve been on a cruise ship. It is crowded. My secret, went in the late morning when we were at port. Only us, and 2 families. Went on the fast slide and the red tube with the inner tube. So fun.

Shops- there is a Swarovski kiosk, Effy Jewelry Shop, Cosmetic Shop, and other mini shops on the ship. I purchased my Jewelry here, as I compare with Macy’s prices and you can haggle for a lower price, but better to buy your jewelry towards the end of the cruise for the deals. Best thing, no tax and Duty Free.

Excursion - we did an excursion for Cabo. Cabo Adventures that was ATV riding, Indoor Sky Diving and lunch was provided. This to me was highly rated and extremely fun. Kevin and Mario did an excellent job. First time to see a drone used for video and photos. I never buy photos on excursions, but these were high quality videos and pictures, I purchased the entire package of digital for $50. Facebook & Instagram perfect. They also sell printed photos for $10 each.

Mazatlan - we took a taxi from the port to Panchos, a famous Mexican restaurant with a nice view of the beach. Totally recommended. There is also a lot of shopping in that area.

Puerto Vallarta - we took a taxi to Malecon - Old Vallarta, and this is a “must go” destination. The streets are picturesque with some beautiful architecture. The beach walk has a lot of restaurants, live music, bars, shopping, and very clean. Reminds me of Key West, Florida.

Ports - Cabo, Mazatlan & Puerto Vallarta

I did not visit the spa, due to Cruise Ship lines inflate massage prices, and the last experience on a cruise ship spa, was the upselling of products after the massage. I choose to have my massage at port for less than $40, with a beach view.

What I didn’t like-

A lot of kids running around in the main pool deck - but this is expected

Quality of the free food. I am comparing to Celebrity Cruises as their food is excellent (Specialty, Dining Room & Buffet)

Suites smaller than other cruise lines.

Comedy shows were in small venues with Standing room only.

Culinary classes were targeted more to baking, should open to a themed dish or local cuisine.

Rude customers holding slots seats in the casino when they are not playing.

Not enough events that caught my interest, but a lot of family oriented events.

What I liked -

Specialty Restaurants food was amazing.

Staff remembering your name, top notch service and courteous.

Skyride & Water works

New elevators (selecting the floor prior to going in the elevator)

Havana Cababa Suite with patio and exclusive use of Havana jacuzzis and pools

Bartenders remembering “My Drink”

Clean restrooms all throughout the ship

Recommendations- Expand Thai, Middle Eastern, Indian cuisine. Carnival should bring up the “perks” as they do with Celebrity. Treats in your room, small logo themed tote bags and card holders etc..the cold towel when getting back on the boat. It’s these small things that bring me back to Celebrity.

Would I book with Carnival Panorama in the Future? Yes!! And the Havana Cabana Stateroom Suite

I had a great time....

blue_wahine's Full Rating Summary

Havana Cabana Suite

ATV Adventure

Kevin and Mario with Cabo Adventures were Great. We did an ATV ride with an indoor skydiving with lunch included. It was an all day excursion and worth it. I will book this excursion again.

View All 11 ATV Adventure Reviews
Mazatlan

Took a taxi from the port to Pancho's at the Malecon area. Shopping and beach. A lot of shopping, eating, site seeing.

Puerto Vallarta

took a taxi to Old Vallarta. Very nice and very clean. reminds me of Key West, Florida. A lot of shopping, restaurants, bars. Beautiful architecture.

blue_wahine