• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Grand Princess Review

Editor Rating
12 Awards

Fantastic staff, great food, interesting ports

Review for Grand Princess to the Mexican Riviera
waylyn
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Balcony

I had sailed on with Princess before and loved it so I chose Grand Princess for the 10 day Mexican Riviera cruise from Jan 12 to 22.

The ship is aging but they are always working on keeping her looking 'Grand' There are new carpets and flat screen tv and the medallion system is almost ready to go.

The entire staff works hard and is always friendly and willing to help. Lots oif activities during the day. The captain was very impressive. He participated in some of the entertainment and was visible throughout the cruise.

Balcony

We had a balcony on Baha Deck. First time I have had a balcony. Found it had a few more squeaks and moans than an inside. But the balcony was nice to stand out on and watch sunrise/sunset and the stars or just listen to the rythym of the ocean. There's nothing that I can say bad about the cabin. Edgar kept it spotless and I never had to ask for anything.

Port Reviews

Puerto Vallarta

Have been here before also. Just walked around the port area.

San Francisco

I love San Francisco. Have been here before but this time we flew in & took the shuttle from the airport to the cruiseport

Manzanillo

We have been here before and so just walked around the port area and picked up some soveneirs. Very clean and pretty port.

Mazatlan

Loved this port. We didn't take an excusion but walked to the Old Town and then took one of those covered golf carts/drivers for a tour to see the high divers and sights.

Cabo San Lucas

Tendered into port here. Found it very sterile but that's probably due to the hurricane destroying so much in 2014. Also there were 3 other ships in at the same time and so it was very crowded.

10 Helpful Vote