• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

toads45froggy
First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Balcony

Any time dining was a bit of a hassle if you didn't get to the room in the opening we begrudgingly took a seat in the traditional dining room as they had seats there for us. it was louder and much less of a fun time as it felt like I had to yell across the table but the food was good even if I didnt like what I ordered and we ordered a lot, we enjoyed that we could experiment and if we didnt like we would find something we did at the MDR or the salty dog or slive or alferdo's or the buffet. FOOD WAS NOT LACKING. the coffee and cones attendants knew me by face lets just say it like that.

The princess theatre shows wee well done.

1st - British invasion - Wife loved it, I am not a fan of the music from the invasion so I was bias going in but the dancing and set and production were great.

Balcony

It shows its age with the carpet, But as with hotels I rarely walk with out socks or shoes or house shoes on just because public use. The balcony was spacious we used it to walk sail ins on port days when we were up in time to catch them ore sail aways from ports.

The "queen" bed was two twins shoved together and would slip away from eachother we are fluffier people but that wasnt enough to harp on it as it rarely was a issue.

bathroom is a bathroom on a cruise ship small but clean never a smell of mold or anything.

there was plenty of storage for my overpacking self. the shelving by the closet was more than enough for the 2 of us on a 15 day cruise. the closet is half the size of the one in my apartment so its great and lots of storage on the floor area too. as our luggage fit under the bed

Wife loved the desk and mirror for make up and hair doing up's. the fridge is slow to cool things down even at the coldest settings. the tv being on the wall made for a bit of a cramped walk from the bed to the bathroom but it became second nature after a while.

Port Reviews

San Francisco

embarkation is talked about in the main review

Kauai

Beach stop.

Maui

Shopping shopping shopping.

thats all the wife wanted to do so we did it. there are amazing views and tons of places to eat at.

Ensenada

Gave middle choice because we were forced to skip because a passenger needed a medical evacuation.

I cant say it was good or bad so middle is being fair do not use this review as a measure for the port please. Its not fair to it or princess.

Find a Grand Princess Cruise from £379