• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Roseswim
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin:

A beautiful ship but cruise was ruined by catching norovirus and being confined to cabin. The previous cruise had norovirus and I was assured the ship would be deep cleaned. Obviously not well enough as a lot of people went down with it. Evening entertainment was not to my taste. There were no shows as on other cruises featuring dancers etc. Mainly classically. The staff were very good. The destination turned out to be a mystery because of the bad weather and French strikes. The food I tasted was very good but the service on the first night was very slow. I could only try a couple of meals because after the second day I could not eat because of being sick. The cabin steward was very attentive and could not have been better. I could not use the facilities for the same reason. The spa pool was closed due to the previous cruise having norovirus.

It is difficult for me to say what the whole experience would have been if the ship had not sailed with norovirus being present. I had expected better from Saga. Many passengers said they would not sail with Saga again. It would be interesting to know if passengers on the next cruise got ill. The only response from Saga was that they follow industry standards.

The disemberkment was a shambles. Delayed by bad weather and it talk over 2 hours to disembark after customs procedures completed. We where not offered any food even though it was 3.00 and breakfast finished at 9.30. The taxi procedure left a lot to be desired. My taxi went to the wrong cruise terminal.

Cabin was very good.