Carnival Pride Cruise Review

Wonderful time on the Pride

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by SummerBdayFam

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony (obstructed views)

I booked this cruise because it went out of Baltimore and it was the best deal I could find. I had very low expectations, and just wanted to get away for a week with my family, see some new places, and not have to cook or clean. The Carnival Pride surpassed my expectations in every way. The musicals at night were awesome. Our cabin was perfect. My kids had so much fun in the pool and doing the water slides over and over again. I had read reviews saying that the food on Carnival Pride was lukewarm and not good-- we ate mostly in the main dining room, and the food was wonderful and always hot. My husband did wish there had been a live dealer for poker in the casino. I had also read reviews saying that the passengers on the Pride are rude-- this was not our experience at all. Everyone was friendly and seemed to be having a great time. The other passengers did not act annoyed by our children, which I had been a bit concerned about as this is supposedly a "party boat." Many people stopped to talk to my kids and really seemed delighted by them. The ports were decent-- we swam and hung out at the beach in Princess Cays, and did a glass bottom boat Carnival excursion in Freeport. Those were both nice. We explored Nassau on foot and went to the Pirates Museum and the restaurant next to it for lunch. I enjoyed getting out of the cruise terminal area and walking to the museum-- we were able to talk with several local people who helped us with directions, and it was nice to interact with these kindhearted Bahamian souls. Nassau was my favorite port out of the three because it felt like we got to experience a bit of the true culture of the Bahamas. Ultimately, this cruise was so much fun and my whole family can't wait to do it again.

SummerBdayFam's Full Rating Summary

Balcony (obstructed views)

It was basic but pretty spacious and had everything we needed. Bathroom could an upgrade but it was fine. Super comfortable bed.

Princess Cays

It was nice to swim in the ocean. The beach was pretty crowded, but that was to be expected. There were plenty of chairs and a decent amount of shade. We found out later that we could have walked further and gotten to a more private beach. If we're ever there again, we will try that.

Nassau

Walked to Pirate Museum from the port-- it was great. Ate lunch at Smugglers next to the museum. Food was great, although somewhat pricey.

Glass Bottom Boat Tour

Boat was really rocky and both my kids got really seasick. It was cool to see the sharks. We enjoyed the bus ride to and from the boat, as the bus driver told us a lot of local history.

View All 25 Glass Bottom Boat Tour Reviews
Baltimore

Went to the aquarium. I'd pass on that-- too crowded and expensive, and not enough to see.

SummerBdayFam