MSC Orchestra Cruise Review

We were able to land on Pomene Island.

MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by JAXREC

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: Africa
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

As from our membership numbers, and even prior to us being members, you will see that we are frequent cruises (MSC Only)

MSC cruises have in the past being our "thing"to celebrate our yearly anniversary.

We celebrated our 26th year this year.

I absolutely love going on cruises, I find MSC super value for money and your facilities are normally outstanding.

Our latest cruise however and I need to mention a view concerns:

1. The security control over certain passengers was not strong enough, there were alot of people excessively noisely on the top deck.

I am all for passengers enjoying themselves, however, certain guest go "overboard" and in chatting to other passengers who felt the same, it is sad to drop your cruise prices in order to fill cabins, but get lower caliber of passengers who cannot behave themselves.

The cabin next to ours on the last cruise, the passengers in their brought along their own music box, and we had constant loud dance music playing in their cabin till early morning hours. We had to eventually request security to ask them to turn it down.

2. This particular boat, needs some attention, as with the the previous ships we have being on, the Orchestra needs a little TLS. The jacuzzi needs upgrade, the seating chairs and tables weaving is coming apart and constantly hooked either my towels or my clothing.

3. We ate breakfast in the restaurant which, as always the MSC excel in their food and beverage facilities.

However on this morning, my husband ordered kippers from the plated breakfast menu. We were horrified when he chewed on a fish hook!

We did inform the waiter who in turn informed his manager. Both were most apologetic and a tray of fruit was sent to our room. I do feel that given the consequence of what may have happened had my husband swallowed this wire fish hook........ a don't think a tray of fruit was the best apology.

4. The Pomene exclusive loungers, we as you will see with all our previous cruises, book the loungers for the purposes of more privacy. WE did book the loungers at Pomene, but the area is not closed off, we have other passengers continuously walking through the lounger area, the actual A frames need some TLC as well as the actual aluminium loungers themselves.

Notwithstanding all of the above, we still love cruising with MSC and we are planning to visit my son in the USA in June 2020, we are planning on booking a cruise with MSC from Miami and hope to do many more cruises in the future.

JAXREC's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom

Portuguese Island

Did not disembark on this cruise

JAXREC