• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

1sprinkles
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin:

Over the past 35 years my wife and I have been on over 25 ocean cruises. We had sailed with 4 other cruise lines, but this is the first Viking Ocean Cruise.

We chose Viking as they have a ship with a great deal fewer passengers. Not that my wife and I have anything against being with a large group of people, but we were looking for a less busy, noisy cruise and we thought with less passengers that is what we would get. One of the reasons we enjoy cruising is because we love meeting folks. I must admit: YOU MEET THE NICEST PEOPLE ON A VIKING OCEAN CRUISE!!! The people we met were people that we would want to met again and even spend more time with outside of the cruise.

To begin; as soon as we walked on board the Viking Sky we knew we had made a good decision. The decor was relaxing yet very up scale. The entire ship made you feel very comfortable yet special as well. We felt this way the entire cruise.

First cruise we have had sliding doors open to a veranda. I believe all the rooms on this ship have an ocean view. Some have windows and some have the veranda. Most evenings, before retiring for the evening, my wife and I would spend 30 or so minutes looking at the stars and listening to the ship pass though the water.

The room stewards were excellent at keeping everything clean and in order. We very much appreciated their work.

7 Helpful Votes