MSC Seaside Cruise Review

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by erickg2004

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Bella Balcony Stateroom

Just got off the MSC Seaside.

We did 2 weeks (back to back)

And here is my honest opinion. If you don't like what I I write so be it.

First we are a french canadian couple in our mid 40's and we have cruised multiple times on almost all major cruise lines.

People from all over the world on this ship and it was awesome in my opinion. I just think that the public messages should be in Italian and English only based on the fact that the ship is an ITALIAN ship operating from the USA. They do it in 5 or 6 languages and it takes for ever!!

This trip was simply not to par with anything else we have experienced on a CRUISE. In fact I would describe this stay on the Seaside not as a cruise but more as a cheap over crowded all inclusive resort that is taking place on a floating platform!!

The ship was very clean and new and we paid a little over 4000$ usd for the 2 of us for 2 weeks wich is not much cheaper than any other lines. We had the easy package wich was ok.

The pros: Easy embarkation

Good quality entertainement as the shows were all excellent. Food in buffet was good with a lot of diversity. Staff was nice for most.

The cons: the ship has a weird design and I undesrtood after 2 weeks that they did it so they could have so many cabins. In short they cutted on public areas sizes, theatre, main dinning room etc to pack more people. The ship can't simply have all those people with comfort without cutting somewhere.

Atrium is small and so are the main dinning room and theatre. That is obviously confirmed by the fact that there is 3 seatings for dinner and also that you have to book shows everyday to make sure you have a spot. And I am not talking about the incredible lack of space and beds to lay under the sun on sea days. That situation was the worst I have ever seen.

Food in main dinning room was also the worst we ever had on a cruise, service was good but the quality was not there at all. We often felt rushed to eat and they would bring plates at a frantic past. Have you ever had to order your dessert while giving your initial order??? Yup, that is what they do. Just like farm cows, eat and get out asap..

They push overpriced specialty restaurant like vendors on a Mexican beach all cruise long wich is also anoying. We went and tried the tapeniaky wich was excellent.

The thing is they will not honor your (easy)drink package in those restaurant!!!

erickg2004's Full Rating Summary

Bella Balcony Stateroom

Average but small bathroom and smallest shower ever seen at see. Noisy since I think there is service station right under used by the buffet employees. Also could hear the partys from the atrium when going to bed before the end. Very well located on the other hand.

erickg2004