• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Celebrity Reflection Review

Editor Rating
81 Awards

Teriffic cruise on Reflection!

Review for Celebrity Reflection to the Western Caribbean
CTFireChief
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 1A

Although I'll sail most cruise lines for the right deal/itinerary, I consider myself pretty Celebrity loyal based on my past experiences. This cruise did not disappoint! I appreciate the hard working, friendly, & personable staff and senior officers. Rich Clesen was the CD and he's very good.

The itinerary was the draw of this cruise -2 nights in NOLA for Mardi Gras! The ships pier location was excellent, as was the daytime trip up the Mississippi to get there. It was a short walk to both the National WWll Museum and the French Quarter. The museum was amazing, don't miss it if you're in NOLA. There were several parades each day & night. It was a great experience to be a part of. We also visited Grand Cayman & Cozumel.

Grand Cayman was very very windy. So much so, that the Captain considered canceling the port that during the night. Instead, he anchored around the other side of GC, which was much further away from everything tourist. That resulted in relocating the local tenders, and obtaining buses to bring guests to Georgetown (the intended anchoring location,) I heard that cost Celebrity $30K! It was genuinely appreciated by the guests. I did a private catamaran with my group of 9, with Sail with Friends. The captain's, Patrick & Alice, are a couple originally from Ireland! Despite the weather, they made it a great day for us. Consider them highly recommended!

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 1A

Cabin was in very good condition and well maintained by the steward throughout the cruise. I enjoyed an unobstructed balcony view on the port side, aft. It was close to the elevators -but not too close for noise. One nice thing about aft, is that it's a short trip to the Opus Dining Room. There was plenty of storage space and hangers in the closet. Bathroom is reasonable size, also with plenty of storage. I've seen people ask, so I'll mention that the bed was closer to the balcony door than to the cabin door.

7 Helpful Votes