• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Coral Princess Review

Editor Rating
52 Awards

Hello, Princess, long time no sea!

Review for Coral Princess to South America
ShmuelCharlie
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Balcony

Background

I'm a single 62 YO guy who usually cruises solo. I chose this itinerary for several reasons: 1. It was a continuation of a trip I made w/my Mom aboard Celebrity Millennium during the '05-'06 holiday season to South America; 2. I wanted to see more of Chile, and I welcomed the opportunity to also visit Argentina, the Falklands, and Uruguay; 3. I decided to give Princess another chance after my last cruise with them to the Baltic states in the fall of '95, but something about Princess rubbed me the wrong way.

Hotel Information

Balcony

I had a wheelchair-accessible cabin with balcony, category BD, on Caribe Deck (Deck 10). The cabin had nice closets, a queen-size bed, twin sets of drawer space, an good-sized desk, and a very big flat-panel TV. Regarding that piece of equipment, you had to duck down to avoid hitting your head on the TV because nearly half of it was over the desk and bar area. There was an empty mini-frig below the bar area. The balcony was large with plenty of space to walk around, two lounge chairs and a table. The bathroom was large to accommodate a walker or wheelchair person; there was a roll-in shower, a fold-down seat, handheld shower wand, soap and shampoo dispensers on the wall, and two shelves for one's meds or toiletries but only one sink. Frankly, how that bathroom could accommodate two people sharing the cabin was a riddle, because the sink's space barely accommodated my needs.

Port Reviews

Puerto Montt

See overall review of cruise.

Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego)

As explained in my review of the cruise, I couldn't do this excursion because I was recovering from the Estancia accident. The excursion name was Southernmost Train ride.

Stanley

As explained in my overall cruise review, I couldn't do the excursion because of lousy weather and choppy seas making tendering to the jetty very hazardous. The Captain called quits on tendering to the jetty early in the AM portion of the port visit.

10 Helpful Votes