MSC Seaside Cruise Review
1,110 Reviews

Great cruise, wonderfull, attentive staff. Would cruise with MSC again.

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by ddunn81228

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aurea Balcony Stateroom

We chose this cruise for several reasons, 1. The price was great. 2. They were offering a special drink package, with wifi and $100.00 cabin credit. 3. They upgraded us to our highest level that we had with any other cruise line, and on top of that they upgraded our cabin. We have never cruised MSC before and were a little reluctant when we read some of the reviews about them, but those feelings passed after a few days.

Our room steward, Marianne Ibarra, was there for our every need. The room was always clean and organized. She was always smiling and pleasant and asked every time we saw her if everything was fine.

The food was great. People said they cater to the Europeans when it comes to the food they serve and it was somewhat true in the Buffet. There were odd things in the line that I would say most Americans don't eat, but there was enough choices that I was always very satisfied with what was served. To give credit to MSC I would say at least 3/4 of the ship were Europeans. We ate in the dining room every night and the choices and the food were amazing. Our waiters Mark Tansiongco and Jovencio Udani, Jr. were attentive to our every need. They took the time to speak with us out of their busy schedule. We learned so much about each of them and they in turn learned about us.

The shows at night on the ship was probably the best I have seen on a ship in a long time. Every show the audience stood and gave a standing ovation. The entertainment was constant. My husband and I played a lot of trivia and were so impressed by crew member Kristine Plasabas. She was not only patient but she had a great sense of humor too!

My only complaint was regarding the wifi. On the third day my wifi was not working so I went to guest services to see if they could figure out what was wrong. Unfortunately the person helping me was no help at all. When I got my phone back she had turned my airplane mode off (can't wait to see of that's going to cost me), and the app MSC for me was gone. Needless to say I had no wifi for the rest of the cruise.

Another issue on the cruise and I had read about this on cruise critic was the smell of raw sewerage. I googled this and it looks like it's just something passengers are going to have to put up with on the new ships. It wasn't constant just occasionally as you walk down a hall you would occasionally smell it. I never smelled it in the cabin, dining room, buffet, function rooms or any outside area.

Getting on the ship was well run. From the time we entered the terminal and stepped foot on the ship was less than 45 minutes. Getting off the ship was easier. We walked off with our luggage and was outside in about 5 minutes.

Another thing that surprised me was for a big ship it was very easy to get around, and for the amount of people on the ship (approximately 4,500) it never felt crowded.

I would highly recommend MSC Seaside.

ddunn81228's Full Rating Summary

Aurea Balcony Stateroom

The cabin was spacious. My only complaint was the closet could only be opened from one side and there wasn't enough space to put all of our folded clothes. There were only 2 small drawers. The balcony was a decent size and comfortable for my husband and I to sit out.

ddunn81228