Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review
1,874 Reviews

Celebrity Reflection Exceeded our Expectations!

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Dr. Pam

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Royal Suite

Hi to all Celebrity Cruisers!

I just wanted to write a quick review onboard the Celebrity Reflection for the Mardi Gras/Mexico cruise.

In one word, it was AMAZING!

A little background on my DH and myself so as to better understand my short review’s perspective. We are avid world luxury travellers in our 50’s with our grown children attending university. We usually do land based luxury vacations but also enjoy cruising. Since 2002, we have sailed on Princess (2x), Disney 1x), Celebrity (1x previous in 2011 onboard the Equinox Med cruise) and RCCL (several times.) We gravitated to Royal when our children were younger as the activities onboard were as attractive to them as the destinations. We always cruise in suites. For this cruise we were in a Royal Suite (same suite as we had onboard the Equinox with our younger children in 2011.) It did not disappoint as the suite amenities were very much improved upon in the 9 years since our time onboard the Equinox

We enjoy luxury travel both on land and sea. The Reflection was amazing in all aspects....the crew members, dining, appointments in our Royal suite, entertainment, well absolutely everything! We will return to Celebrity after our world returns to normal. Until then, we should all act prudently by respecting social distancing and not whining about the cruises we have missed because of this pandemic.

Dr. Pam's Full Rating Summary

Royal Suite

We were in a Royal Suite 1622. Beautifully appointed, meticulously clean…..and lots of room! AHhhhhh! Rudy our butler found us almost immediately and introduced himself as well as Josviano, our suite attendant. We found our shore-side concierge arrangements all in order. Bar was stocked with lots of sparkling and still water, cut limes and lemons and our 2 requested liquors with an ice bucket on the bar counter. We had requested a second comforter for the bed and extra pillows. The bed was comfortable with high thread cotton sheets but if I am allowed a small complaint, the provided pillows were much too firm. I did ask Jos for some down or feather pillows, and he provided somewhat softer but non down pillows. Celebrity could do a little better in this area IMHO.

We loved having the extra space in this suite as the weather for this cruise did not cooperate. Coolish and windy, so it was a treat to enjoy our morning coffee and afternoon reading in our suite.

We did not ask much from Rudy and he kept asking he there is anything more he could do. He is an exceptional kind and attentive crew member. I am sure he will be missed on the Reflection as he was moving over to the Apex at the end of this cruise.

My only complaint ( and I believed it was noted by another CCer) is the noise issue in the master bedroom. I Believe the bedroom is located right by a mechanical room or shaft? We were woken up several nights with clanging and crunching noises. I would try to select another RS.

Simply awful. Overbooked on balcony and if you did not arrive early to obtain a high seat at the front of the balcony, you could not see the parade. To add insult to injury, the food was awful and I believe the drinks were watered down. THee biggest disappointment of the cruise when we paid over $300 per person for this event. We ended up leaving and taking a taxi back to the ship at our own expense. Soooooo disappointing.

View All undefined undefined Reviews